How do you plan to preorder?

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
I'm still trying to figure if it's best to preorder through AT&T or from Samsung.

I know their website is set up to order through your carrier but I just don't want anything funky happening to my plan in doing it that way.

Also, I want to be 100% certain that AT&T NextUp option is added this time. Last time the staff in the store didn't even offer knowing I was complaining about the Z Fold 3 being setup as a 3 year payoff. I just paid it off early this month to be free from that nonsense so I can get rid of it without any extra hassle. But ATT wants to set up all phone trade-in credits and payments as a 36 month deal and there's no way I can do that. I can barely stay with the same phone for 2 years.

Anyone on here with ATT who ordered through Samsung and was able to add NextUp option with your previous phone?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I'll be ordering two from Samsung. A plus for my wife and (probably) an Utra for myself. Both will be unlocked (I don't buy phones locked to anyone) and we'll be trading in either a couple of iPhone 14 pro max (256) or an S 23plus and a Z Flip5, it will depend on what they are giving for trade on the phones. The Samsungs are our current phones and I bought us the iPhone 14 pro Max's last December 31, 2022 to try out along with a couple of Apple Watch Utras. The Watch Ultras are an incredible watch but we hated IOS and you can't use the Apple Ultra on a Sammy phone.

danhartman26

Nov 6, 2010
Visit site
I have Verizon, but I switched to buying unlocked phones from Samsung directly about 5 or 6 years ago. The carriers do give good deals if you don't mind being locked in to the phone for 3 years, but that just doesn't work for me. I think I had to do an early pay-off on my Note 9 to get started on this path, but it was worth it to me. With the trade in values that Samsung usually gives here in the US (ignore the S22 Ultra trade ins...), I usually spend only a few hundred dollars to get the next phone almost every year.

Last edited:

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
I haven't bought a phone from a carrier in years. Most often, just wait 3-9 months after release to get a decent level of discount ($200-$300 or a bit more) from the manufacturer.

If the trade-in value is high enough on S23+ to get S24+ then I'll do it.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
For anyone who is with AT&T and buying through Samsung

Do you have the option to add NextUp on Samsung's website OR do you have to call AT&T after you order to get it added? I just don't want to get stuck with a 3 year payment setup. Got so sick of it with this Z Fold 3 that I paid ~$500 just to get it paid off early and said screw the $20/mo credits I was getting for the trade-in.

phone-a-holic

Jun 15, 2012
Visit site
Why would you preorder from samsung over your provider? Wouldn't it all be the same unless you are getting unlocked? I have never ordered directly from Samsung.

mlblack16

Apr 29, 2016
Visit site
Why would you preorder from samsung over your provider? Wouldn't it all be the same unless you are getting unlocked? I have never ordered directly from Samsung.
I believe some deals are exclusive to ordering from Samsung, which is still setup through your carrier, but I don't know to what extent, which is why I'm torn between the two options.

We are supposed to be getting a free memory upgrade with preordering the S24 series, so I really want to take advantage of getting double the memory for the same price. I would think that promotion will be available when ordering through your carrier but the $50 credit that's being advertised most likely won't unless you order direct from Samsung.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung direct. Who buys via a carrier these days? Those days are long gone.
I bet those days aren't long gone. Most people don't upgrade yearly like a lot of us on here. They don't mind the 2 or 3 years of keeping a phone to get it free no out of pocket money. If you keep your phone 2 years plus the carriers deals are your best deals IMO.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I bet those days aren't long gone. Most people don't upgrade yearly like a lot of us on here. They don't mind the 2 or 3 years of keeping a phone to get it free no out of pocket money. If you keep your phone 2 years plus the carriers deals are your best deals IMO.
That's my problem. I don't upgrade every year...I upgrade probably twice a year! LOL
I just get bored with what I have and move on to the next thing. However, I do feel the stagnation of cell phone tech in that from year-to-year the changes, or improvements, are incremental at best. I always buy unlocked....at least that's what I've done for the last umpteen years! Can't remember the last time I bought from a carrier. Yes, it costs more out of pocket, but it's "mine" less the manipulation by Godgle. I will buy the S24U from Samsung directly. Not sure of the storage level yet. I will either trade in a device, or sell it on Swappa, whichever offers the most! This is what I have done for quite some time now. But I am getting tired of the merry-go-round so I hope to keep the S24U for ???????? years???????

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I was just reading the "fine print" on the $50.00 credit for the Unpacked Event.
Has anyone else noticed...maybe I was misunderstanding....that the $50.00 CANNOT be used against the price of the phone itself??? You have to buy something EXTRA/ELSE and then the $50.00 is applied towards that purchase! Quote from web site below!

"For a limited time, reserve the latest Galaxy device(s) on Samsung.com or in the Shop Samsung App and receive a $50 Samsung Credit ("Reservation Gift”) when you preorder and purchase the reserved device. Pre-order and purchase required. The Reservation Gift cannot be applied to the pre-ordered device(s) and must be used at the time of pre-order purchase towards purchasing additional eligible products on Samsung.com, or in the Shop Samsung App. Reservation Gift will be applied automatically when you use the same email address during Reserve and Pre-Order Periods. Reservation Gift is a one-time use e-certificate; when first used, any value not used is lost and must be used at the time of purchase. The Gift is non-transferable and limited to 1 per Qualifying Purchase. If you return or cancel your purchase, the discount will be forfeit."

Actually, the added 25, 75, or 100 credit (depending on the phone purchased) ALSO is NOT applied to the phone price itself! Notice below a quote from the Samsung site:

"1/17/2024 – 1/30/2024, while supplies last, pre-order and purchase the latest Galaxy device (s) ("Qualifying Purchase") on Samsung.com or in the Shop Samsung App and receive a $25 Samsung Credit, $75 Samsung Credit or $100 Samsung Credit ("Gift") dependent on type of device purchase during pre-order. The Gift cannot be applied to the pre-ordered device(s) and must be used at the time of pre-order purchase towards purchasing additional eligible products on Samsung.com, or in the Shop Samsung App. The Gift can be combined with $50 Samsung Credit (“Reservation Gift”) when you preorder and purchase the reserved device. The Gift is a one-time use e-certificate; when first used, any value not used is lost. The Gift is non-transferable and limited to 1 per Qualifying Purchase. If you return or cancel your purchase, the discount will be forfeit. Samsung reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time by posting a notice on the app or website. Void where prohibited or restricted by law."

Am I the only one who has found these facts...or am I the only one who DID NOT know this???? Any and all comments anticipated.

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29