How do you plan to preorder?

BerryBubbles

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
@Stanley Kubrick
We have talked about the reservation credit & added varied credits only being valid for other items purchased, but not valid to be applied against the pre-ordered device.

It's been talked about in a couple of different s24 threads, including this one.

It would definitely be nice to be able to use those credits against the s24 pre-order itself. I haven't used half of the accessories that I purchased in prior years pre-order deals. Like the sanitizer. I don't even know where it is.
😊

Last edited:
Reactions: runfar262

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
@Stanley Kubrick
We have talked about the reservation credit & added varied credits only being valid for other items purchased, but not valid to be applied against the pre-ordered device.

It's been talked about in a couple of different s24 threads, including this one.

It would definitely be nice to be able to use those credits against the s24 pre-ordered itself. I haven't used half of the accessories that I purchased in prior years pre-order deals. Like the sanitizer. I don't even know where it is.
😊
Well I guess I'm the only one who did not know this! :oops:

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I was just reading the "fine print" on the $50.00 credit for the Unpacked Event.
Has anyone else noticed...maybe I was misunderstanding....that the $50.00 CANNOT be used against the price of the phone itself??? You have to buy something EXTRA/ELSE and then the $50.00 is applied towards that purchase! Quote from web site below!

"For a limited time, reserve the latest Galaxy device(s) on Samsung.com or in the Shop Samsung App and receive a $50 Samsung Credit ("Reservation Gift”) when you preorder and purchase the reserved device. Pre-order and purchase required. The Reservation Gift cannot be applied to the pre-ordered device(s) and must be used at the time of pre-order purchase towards purchasing additional eligible products on Samsung.com, or in the Shop Samsung App. Reservation Gift will be applied automatically when you use the same email address during Reserve and Pre-Order Periods. Reservation Gift is a one-time use e-certificate; when first used, any value not used is lost and must be used at the time of purchase. The Gift is non-transferable and limited to 1 per Qualifying Purchase. If you return or cancel your purchase, the discount will be forfeit."

Actually, the added 25, 75, or 100 credit (depending on the phone purchased) ALSO is NOT applied to the phone price itself! Notice below a quote from the Samsung site:

"1/17/2024 – 1/30/2024, while supplies last, pre-order and purchase the latest Galaxy device (s) ("Qualifying Purchase") on Samsung.com or in the Shop Samsung App and receive a $25 Samsung Credit, $75 Samsung Credit or $100 Samsung Credit ("Gift") dependent on type of device purchase during pre-order. The Gift cannot be applied to the pre-ordered device(s) and must be used at the time of pre-order purchase towards purchasing additional eligible products on Samsung.com, or in the Shop Samsung App. The Gift can be combined with $50 Samsung Credit (“Reservation Gift”) when you preorder and purchase the reserved device. The Gift is a one-time use e-certificate; when first used, any value not used is lost. The Gift is non-transferable and limited to 1 per Qualifying Purchase. If you return or cancel your purchase, the discount will be forfeit. Samsung reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time by posting a notice on the app or website. Void where prohibited or restricted by law."

Am I the only one who has found these facts...or am I the only one who DID NOT know this???? Any and all comments anticipated.
Well I knew the extra 100 wouldn't be towards the phone it never is and we really never need anything accessory wise. We have gotten free earbuds a couple times. I do like the free memory upgrade though. But I did read somewhere that the extra $50 you might be able to use towards phone and that they did that for the flip and fold before can anyone confirm that?

The only time we didn't pre-order was from the 21U to the 22U and was waiting on the 23U but than after it had been out for a while their was a 1000 trade in so we did it and I loved the 22 and then the 23U we have now I love. So I know the 24U will be even better can't wait. If the $50 can't be used off the phone I hope it can be combined together.

f1nzup

May 29, 2010
Visit site
I was just reading the "fine print" on the $50.00 credit for the Unpacked Event.
Has anyone else noticed...maybe I was misunderstanding....that the $50.00 CANNOT be used against the price of the phone itself??? You have to buy something EXTRA/ELSE and then the $50.00 is applied towards that purchase! Quote from web site below!

"For a limited time, reserve the latest Galaxy device(s) on Samsung.com or in the Shop Samsung App and receive a $50 Samsung Credit ("Reservation Gift”) when you preorder and purchase the reserved device. Pre-order and purchase required. The Reservation Gift cannot be applied to the pre-ordered device(s) and must be used at the time of pre-order purchase towards purchasing additional eligible products on Samsung.com, or in the Shop Samsung App. Reservation Gift will be applied automatically when you use the same email address during Reserve and Pre-Order Periods. Reservation Gift is a one-time use e-certificate; when first used, any value not used is lost and must be used at the time of purchase. The Gift is non-transferable and limited to 1 per Qualifying Purchase. If you return or cancel your purchase, the discount will be forfeit."

Actually, the added 25, 75, or 100 credit (depending on the phone purchased) ALSO is NOT applied to the phone price itself! Notice below a quote from the Samsung site:

"1/17/2024 – 1/30/2024, while supplies last, pre-order and purchase the latest Galaxy device (s) ("Qualifying Purchase") on Samsung.com or in the Shop Samsung App and receive a $25 Samsung Credit, $75 Samsung Credit or $100 Samsung Credit ("Gift") dependent on type of device purchase during pre-order. The Gift cannot be applied to the pre-ordered device(s) and must be used at the time of pre-order purchase towards purchasing additional eligible products on Samsung.com, or in the Shop Samsung App. The Gift can be combined with $50 Samsung Credit (“Reservation Gift”) when you preorder and purchase the reserved device. The Gift is a one-time use e-certificate; when first used, any value not used is lost. The Gift is non-transferable and limited to 1 per Qualifying Purchase. If you return or cancel your purchase, the discount will be forfeit. Samsung reserves the right to modify or discontinue offers at any time by posting a notice on the app or website. Void where prohibited or restricted by law."

Am I the only one who has found these facts...or am I the only one who DID NOT know this???? Any and all comments anticipated.
Thank you. I was not aware of this. Appreciate you putting it in this thread.

runfar262

Aug 17, 2019
Visit site
I plan on buying the S24 Ultra unlocked directly through Samsung. I will be trading in my S22 Ultra. I have T-Mobile, but I bought my S22 Ultra unlocked from Samsung in 2022 and never had a problem with T-Mobile, so I will just do that again this time.

scotiez

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
I just reordered mine from Samsung. Web site is extremely slow as everyone is trying to buy on launch day. Took me about 2 hours to get my order through. Samsung is extremely slow on launch day. I ordered the Titanium Grey in the Verizon version. I do pay in full and do a trade in with Samsung though. Instant credit. If you trade in through Verizon they don't give you instant credit and it takes them 36 months to get your money even if you pay for the entire phone upfront. RipOFF.

Reactions: mlblack16

edubfromktown

Sep 18, 2020
Visit site
I bet those days aren't long gone. Most people don't upgrade yearly like a lot of us on here. They don't mind the 2 or 3 years of keeping a phone to get it free no out of pocket money. If you keep your phone 2 years plus the carriers deals are your best deals IMO.
They are long gone for those of us no longer tied to an expensive multi-year data usage plan that is required to obtain a heavily discounted or "free" locked-to-carrier device.

An "unlimited" pre-pay (1st 35 GB at higher priority) plan can be had for $20-$25 total per month.

If you run the numbers over 2-3 years of that service offering plus paying for an unlocked phone, it is less expensive.

Other advantages:

You can port your number elsewhere and use the same phone.

In the case of Android, you'll most likely receive updates faster than carrier locked devices.

Reactions: nuangel2 and pags11

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos