nova launcher battery drain

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok, I have no idea what this means but my phone has gone from having a battery that can last over a day to me having to charge it whenever I can. Ever since I installed nova.

Can anyone tell me what this means

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-05-22-12-22-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-05-22-12-22-31.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 82

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You didn't post your battery stats or any info indicating it was Nova. I can tell you I've run Nova for years with no battery drain and have Nova as my default launcher on my Note 3. It is one of the best performing, least intrusive, minimal battery usage launchers you can run. It uses less battery than the stock launcher. While it's not impossible that you could have some app installed that is conflicting with it and causing trouble, with no info and no stats provided by you, I'd have to guess the problem is not with Nova just based on my own and everyone else I know that uses it experience.

There's actually not even any indication from the one screen shot you did provide that you are definitely having any problem at all. You're at 91% battery and we don't know what you were doing with your phone for those 41 minutes. I also see you have very low signal.

Last edited:

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Bloody hell mate i was only asking a question, don't take it personally. Like I said I have no idea what that thing is I posted, that'd why I asked.

Sorted now anyway. I uninstalled nova and now it's back to saying o have 14 hours of battery left. Sticking with touch wiz

rajnet

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I am having exactly the same problem and it has happened since I am using the nova launcher.

Daktor

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Ok jpr. My bad, must just be used to people giving crap all day at work !

Well I uninstalled it and everything is fine now, gonna just stick with touch wiz. From experimenting I thing the 3d shell one looked the best. But I can imagine that just eats ip power!

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Nova doesn't use more power than stock. You didn't post enough info for anyone to determine where the underlying issue was/ is. I get 1-2 days with Nova, but I use serious power management...starting with a 31kb all-black home and lock screen.

Kilroy13

Banned
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
All of tesla coils apps suck the battery! They always have! But to here it from the nova occult he can do no wrong! Imho

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON SPRINT........LIFE IS GOOD✌

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Yup, Nova Prime Launcher is a huge battery drain (sarcasm). Yea right. At the time of this screenshot, my Note3 (KitKat) with Nova Prime has been off the charger approx 13 hours.
uploadfromtaptalk1400811611677.jpg

Sent from MY BLACK G'NOTE3

jim_h#AC

Feb 18, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Nova Prime since the beta days and never once seen any problem with it draining the battery on a HTC One X and now my Note 3.

Just checked my battery stats and Nova isn't even in the list. To be honest, I'd be looking at something other than Nova as the cause. Yes, I am a fan of Nova, but wouldn't use any launcher that was causing my battery to drain excessively. :)

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Download gsam and see how much battery it uses. It could also be a bad install, perhaps uninstall and reinstall. This is the first time that I have heard someone complain about Nova high battery usage, so it certainly isn't typical.

4ypypa2a.jpg

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty