So who else uses NFC for tap to pay???

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
I can't activated it and many can't..

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

That's strange, it was not available running JB, but works fine in KK, and Google does list the N3 as incompatible as per the link in the earlier post, go figure, but it works flawlessly for me, confusing.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
That's strange, it was not available running JB, but works fine in KK, and Google does list the N3 as incompatible as per the link in the earlier post, go figure, but it works flawlessly for me, confusing.

Could be my carrier is blocking it, but don't recall the others all had the same carrier as me. I have AT&T.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
This is all I have in settings.
hemy5ehe.jpg

rusty502

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
Could be my carrier is blocking it, but don't recall the others all had the same carrier as me.

Verizon, AT&T, and T mobile are ISIS partners, some blocking of GW tap and pay has occurred in the past, KK was supposed to remedy that but it seems that may not be the case, my work is on Sprint and several in my department have the N3 and GW tap and pay has worked for all of us since upgrading to KitKat.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Verizon, AT&T, and T mobile are ISIS partners, some blocking of GW tap and pay has occurred in the past, KK was supposed to remedy that but it seems that may not be the case, my work is on Sprint and several in my department have the N3 and GW tap and pay has worked for all of us since upgrading to KitKat.

Hmm.. Wonder about the guy on the first page.. His name is ATTFan. I need to go search xda and see what is happening over there with it and AT&T.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Sprint phones have a different NFC chip because they are based on the international version that has Broadcom chips. Phones with a NXP chip, US based phones, cannot work until Google updates support for HCE on NXP. NXP has provided the drivers to Google, so we have to wait and see if Google integrates them in 4.4.3.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sprint phones have a different NFC chip because they are based on the international version that has Broadcom chips. Phones with a NXP chip, US based phones, cannot work until Google updates support for HCE on NXP. NXP has provided the drivers to Google, so we have to wait and see if Google integrates them in 4.4.3.

There are people in the USA with Note 3's, using tap and pay Google Wallet and Google knows it. I had a 3o minute convo with Google on the phone tonight.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Could be my carrier is blocking it, but don't recall the others all had the same carrier as me. I have AT&T.

I believe it is carrier blocked by AT&T on the Note 3. I have had different problems with ISIS working at terminals and now I can't get my cards to validate on a replacement device. In fairness I haven't called or emailed yet.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I believe it is carrier blocked by AT&T on the Note 3. I have had different problems with ISIS working at terminals and now I can't get my cards to validate on a replacement device. In fairness I haven't called or emailed yet.

Google SWEARS it isn't carrier blocked and so does AT&T. I called AT&T first. I've not had any issues with Isis. In fact, I didn't have my bank card with me when I first set it up, so I just got my sister to give me hers, let me set it up even with the name completely different and the addresses different and let me transfer money. So the "your name must be on the card" isn't inflexible..

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Google SWEARS it isn't carrier blocked and so does AT&T. I called AT&T first. I've not had any issues with Isis. In fact, I didn't have my bank card with me when I first set it up, so I just got my sister to give me hers, let me set it up even with the name completely different and the addresses different and let me transfer money. So the "your name must be on the card" isn't inflexible..

I have used GW on an LG G2 with no problem and also on the Moto X. It's frustrating that it doesn't work on this awesome phone.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have used GW on an LG G2 with no problem and also on the Moto X. It's frustrating that it doesn't work on this awesome phone.

Seems to work for some, but I'm wondering if they are all Verizon customers..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress