Light staying on while charging phone

rks959

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello,I have a note 3 and when i plug in the charger i noticed the light stays on most of the time while its on charge.If anyone has a fix for this i would greatly appreciate it.Thanks,Karey

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
You'll have to be more specific. Is the phone screen off or on? What light is showing? If the screen is off the red LED will stay on while charging if you have that checked under LED Indicators in settings.

rks959

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello, Sorry about the lack of information on my question.Phone light stays off while charging but once the battery is fully charged the phone light comes on and stays on,by the phone light i mean the screen light.Thanks for any help.Thanks,Karey

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Now that's not normal. The only light to come on on full charge should be the LED going green...it will be red (if you have chosen that option) during the charging process. The screen should NOT come on from simply charging the phone.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Hello, Sorry about the lack of information on my question.Phone light stays off while charging but once the battery is fully charged the phone light comes on and stays on,by the phone light i mean the screen light.Thanks for any help.Thanks,Karey

First, you should not have posted a second thread about this. That's against the forum rules.

The screen will come on temporarily when the phone reaches full charge. It should shut off again shortly if no input is registered. If it does not shut off by itself, there are three things I can think of.

You have developer settings turned on with the stay awake while charging box checked.
You have daydream while charging turned on.
You have an app that is triggered by the screen turning on that is set to keep the phone awake.

rks959

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Sorry about breaking the forum rules,i'll definitely not do it again.Thank you so much for the help.The stay awake while charging box was checked.After i unchecked that, the phone started back working perfectly.I really appreciate the help cause i was really getting concerned about it.Really love this phone.Thanks Again,Karey