Saving files to Cloud - OneDrive

woodrow_hills

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
I using WPS Office v6.0.3.181170 to edit Miscrosoft word & excel files in OneDrive cloud in my Andriod phone (Samsung Note 3).
Lately its appear that saving of files to OneDrive does not work anymore. You don’t see the content of OneDrive when you save to it, thus you cannot even overwrite an existing file in OneDrive.
I don’t know if the problem lies with WPS Office, OneDrive or KitKat 4.4.2 in the phone.
Does anyone else having the same problem using the Cloud services, in particular OneDrive.
Appreciate if someone can provide some advice and help.
Thank you.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I don't use OneDrive but I have used WPS with google Drive. I will tell you the way that is and it may or may not help you.

The way WPS works with google drive is that if you are trying to save a file to Drive using "Save As" it will only show files with same extension. So, for example, if you have the file extension set to .xlsx you will only see other Drive files that are .xlsx. You will not see .xls files unless you change the extension to .xls and so on for other filetypes. But you will indeed see files of the same extension and you can choose one of those files to overwrite with your file if you choose. I also have no problem saving a file to Drive with a new name, without overwriting any file.

Now when you want to open a file from Drive in WPS, it will show all Drive files, including formats that are not office formats at all.

So, I can't tell you how OneDrive works, but that should at least answer your question about how WPS works with the cloud in general and about 4.4.2, which I am running. I don't believe the OS would have anything to do with this anyway since we are not talking about something that is being saved to the phone.

woodrow_hills

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Hi JPR

Thank you for your response.
I understand what you are saying & tried what you have described. It still doesn't save the edited open file, show file list to overwrite or save as a new file.
It was saving without any problem for a while before this issue arises. Alternative what I did was to save in internal memory, then re-upload to OneDrive to overwrite an existing file that I was editing.

Regards

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty