Stock Email app

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had the note 3 for 3 weeks now, and have only one complaint. The stock email app has the delete button placed right above the phone's home button. Once I'm done reading an email, and I go to hit the home button, I usually end up hitting the delete button as well.

Has anyone found a way to prevent this?

Other than that, this beast is THE perfect device!

Thanks gang.....

vpblaze

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
What kind of case are you running?
I had a similar problem where if I hit the home bottom while in the stock music app I would usually end up hitting pause because my fat thumbs would hit it. It only happened if I am using my Otterbox Commuter. When I am using my Spigen case though, the bumper edge going around the case isn't as thick, so there is more room for my thumb...

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
I've used Yahoo Mail for yonks now - primarily as my personal email (a 'junk' email account with Google) - and I happily installed the Yahoo Mail app on my Note 3. I like the features it affords the user.
That said, Yahoo has recently started pushing 'Sponsored' (read Spam) emails into the Inbox, with no way of deleting them, and boy, am I cheesed. So here's the question - anyone using Yahoo Mail via the stock Android eMail app and does that prevent these spam emails from showing up? Might be worth the trouble, even if a loss of some capabilities.

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I've used Yahoo Mail for yonks now - primarily as my personal email (a 'junk' email account with Google) - and I happily installed the Yahoo Mail app on my Note 3. I like the features it affords the user.
That said, Yahoo has recently started pushing 'Sponsored' (read Spam) emails into the Inbox, with no way of deleting them, and boy, am I cheesed. So here's the question - anyone using Yahoo Mail via the stock Android eMail app and does that prevent these spam emails from showing up? Might be worth the trouble, even if a loss of some capabilities.

I also have used Yahoo for 15 years and the app for 2 yrs. I tried the stock app a few times but I can leave sync off with Yahoo so avoid Gmails and other syncing I don't need all the time. I know recently the 1st email is not mail at all, but I am now not sure if I see it on a pc or the app. There is none on the app inbox at the moment.
I have a .com address though I am in the UK (posher than. co. uk) so I had been paying the 20 dollar premium until about a year ago. This would leave me open to more advertising. They haven't approached me to re-join.
On another note, what has been bothering me is replying or forwarding an email on the app and it does not include the original text, whether show or hide is selected. I complained and in the Play review. It may have been fixed recently, I would have to check.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Redbird1

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
What kind of case are you running?
I had a similar problem where if I hit the home bottom while in the stock music app I would usually end up hitting pause because my fat thumbs would hit it. It only happened if I am using my Otterbox Commuter. When I am using my Spigen case though, the bumper edge going around the case isn't as thick, so there is more room for my thumb...

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk

I'm using the griffin bumper. The edge of the case could very well be causing the problem.

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site

Those fake Ad emails do not come through if you use the stock email app. I refuse to even open yahoo mail on my PC anymore because of those.

Bazza1

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site
Those fake Ad emails do not come through if you use the stock email app. I refuse to even open yahoo mail on my PC anymore because of those.

I've found a combo of the Adblock Plus and Yahoo Mail Hide Ad Panel Add-Ons in Firefox (and I think both available in Safari) have killed off the supported ads on my computer, but still an issue on the Android with most recent Yahoo Mail 'improvements'. Worth noting the stock app will filter these. I'll give that a mull.
Not dead keen on Gmail, FBA. Hate threading to begin with they are just as guilty when it comes to embedding ads where they ought not. Besides, I like to limit what any one company can cull from my activities... ;-)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2