How to stop device software update

MieraJellina

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
hi, anyone please guide me how to stop device software update. i already update to kitkat version. after rebooted, and restart, they show again but another software. i click install. and once again, they come out again. how to stop the notification and update? how many times i have to install?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
hi, anyone please guide me how to stop device software update. i already update to kitkat version. after rebooted, and restart, they show again but another software. i click install. and once again, they come out again. how to stop the notification and update? how many times i have to install?

Disregard it and see if it goes away. Otherwise, backup data and factory reset. See if that helps your problem.

MieraJellina

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
that notification cannot Disregard and goes away. i just can click postponed update. i just bought this phone yesterday.
this updated took a quite internal storage.

MieraJellina

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
ok got it. i have to long press at the software update at the notification bar and they come out apps info. and i just force stop. but is there any bad effect if to do so?

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Exactly - that will stop the updates. You can as well disable the update notification from there if you wish. The local update control feature in "settings" on the phone does not work; you can only control it through the playstore app.