What would cause my SD cards to be unreadable?

mwatson2

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
In December I traveled abroad. Upon arriving I purchased a new SIM card for my Verizon Note 3 (Rooted). A day or two later I received some form of error and saw that my SD card (SanDisk) was "Unrecognized". It had been working fine for almost a year - it was never removed until the SIM swap. This came with a few other errors about Active App Manager and apps, but I assume this was because of the fact 75% of my apps were also installed to the SD card.

Being abroad on vacation I needed my SIM for photos so I tried reformatting and continued to get "New Card" > "Reformat" > "Blank or Unsupported" in a non-stop cycle. When I got home I ordered a new Samsung SD card, same problem. Samsung support had me replace the card.... Same problem with the 3rd SD card. I recently decided it was the SD card model and ordered a Sony SD card that was on sale. Same problem! I have tried all possible remedies of reformatting the card(s) in all possible formats and am convinced it is either my phone or a software issue.

My phone is rooted, I use greenify and have a handful of bloatware apps frozen with titanium backup. I have NOT tried a factory reset. I am on 4.4.2. There is no water damage or drop damage. It simply began after the SD was removed along with the SIM.

Q1: Is there a service I may have frozen/suspended that affects SD cards?
Q2: I am avoiding an update because of my root - did 4.4.2 have any SD issues?

Thanks for your help!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38