How do I transfer music I have on my Note 3 to an SD card?

A

AC Question

Note 3 music

I want to transfer the music I have on the phone to the SD card. How do I do this so the phone will know the music has been transferred and play it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Note 3 music

Welcome to Android Central! How did you get the music onto the Internal Storage in the first place? Are they mp3 files you copied over, or downloaded from the web? Is it music you downloaded directly from the Google Play Music app? If the latter, you can't transfer it to the SD card, because the music files are in a hidden directory, with coded filenames. There might be an option in Google Play Music to download music directly to the SD, but even then, you can't manipulate it yourself.

Dr Loving It

May 20, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the quick response.

I have the mp3's on my pc that I moved to my phone when I first got it. I wanted to move that music over to the SD card (expansion card) instead of the phone itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Connect the phone to your computer via USB, then use Windows Explorer to drag and drop the files. You should be able to do it between Internal Storage and the microSD. If you can't, then unmount the card first (in Settings>Storage), remove the card, and insert it into your computer. Then copy the files from the computer's hard drive to the microSD.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty