I have a samsung galaxy note 3 and would like to send a read report for sms text messages and as far as I know it can't be done unless the operator you use supports it.

I would like to get a definite answer is there a way to do this were me and the person I send a read report don't have to use an app and both be on the same one to have this work or root the phone as I don't know how to root the phone and don't see i need to. Also my operator I use which is optus here in Australia says I can't send a read report as they don't support it. If all you guys on here that read this reply and say it can't be done then I shall give up.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-28-2015 07:56 PM
    I have a samsung galaxy note 3 and would like to send a read report for sms text messages and as far as I know it can't be done unless the operator you use supports it.

I would like to get a definite answer is there a way to do this were me and the person I send a read report don't have to use an app and both be on the same one to have this work or root the phone as I don't know how to root the phone and don't see i need to. Also my operator I use which is optus here in Australia says I can't send a read report as they don't support it. If all you guys on here that read this reply and say it can't be done then I shall give up.

Yes, the carrier and app need to support that feature. If you need to receive a definite read report, then I'd suggest sending an email or other form of communication where you know a confirmation can be received.
    08-28-2015 09:47 PM
    Look I can't do that can only send sms but looks like i won't have any idea that my sms is red.

08-29-2015 01:19 AM
    For what your wanting you need to change the way it needs to be done.
    SMS was not designed for what your wanting.
    iMessages on apple products are designed that way, BBM on the old blackberry devices were designed that way. There are plenty of texting apps that are as well. Ans as srkmagnus has pointed out email can be done that way to.
    You asked for an answer, he answered it.
    08-29-2015 03:58 PM
    Then like i said I don't send read reports and have no idea if my sms text messages are red or not and that's that i also said that the only way I can do this is texting.

08-29-2015 10:40 PM
    I am not sure what to suggest either. Hangouts as an IM would work, as the user avatars show who has read up to where.
    08-30-2015 03:06 PM