I am receiving text messages that include downloads from people that aren't the ones sending them. What is going on?

Piggiepie54

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I am receiving text messages that include downloads from people that aren't the ones sending them.

Recently I've been part of several different group texts with family members...Some initiated by one of them & some by me. On several occasions shortly after the texts began I started receiving texts directly from other parties in the group text. All were the same download text that didnt have an obvious result when I tried to download it. I replied to them & they each denied sending anything. Today I received one from someone when I was the one to initiate a group text to 2 people. Is this a virus or what? The original text this happened with some of the posts started disappearing & the times of the posts started jumping around some even having future dates on them. These posts were never in the group messages just triggered by them & from recipients of them. Any clue on what's going on? I can post a screenshot if that is possible.

MaxKittens

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site
Try clearing the cache. Go to Settings>applications/application manager>application manager(if available). Start the messaging app. Then back to the application manager and find the messaging app you are using. Press it and press clear cache. accept or press ok. Then restart the phone and see if the problem persists. You can also use a different app for group conversations as it is very buggy in the stock messaging app.

Piggiepie54

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
I'm just using the messaging app that came installed in the phone. If I do as you suggest & clear the cache it won't delete the messages will it? Most of the group texts aren't initiated by me so do I have a way of using another app when I'm receiving the texts? I would prefer to use messenger for messages that are ongoing & need saving & group messages but all parties involved don't use Facebook & some don't have smartphones so not always an option.

MaxKittens

Aug 4, 2015
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez