Best Galaxy Note 4 Tempered Glass Screen Protector

bdgriff

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
I've got the same Spigen tempered glass tr as Bert, I also ordered mine from Amazon about 4-5 weeks ago and have always used them since iPhone 4, 4s, then note 3 and now my Note 4! Like others say, it does not cover edge to edge, but looks great otherwise. My only concern is dust, debris, sand, whatever getting around the edges and eventually possibly leaving marks outlined around the protector.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dankees

Trusted Member
Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
When I got my phone in the store, I left the plastic screen protector on the phone on the screen, and I placed it in a case that also has a screen protector. I bought Crystalusion, but I didn't apply it, as the phone is fully protected right now.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I bought one from Verizon. Not it said Flexible Glass screen protector. Feels like a thin piece of glass. Feels nice. No halo. It was 24.99

Beamed across the web from my Beastly Galaxy Note 4!!

psybuster

Aug 31, 2014
Visit site
Don't have enough posts just yet to link pictures but trust me...same halo effect with the ZeroLemon tempered glass...hoping they'll refund me.

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Don't have enough posts just yet to link pictures but trust me...same halo effect with the ZeroLemon tempered glass...hoping they'll refund me.

For what it costs--ZeroLemon is a bargain-priced one---I need one now. Halo or no halo. Full screen coverage or not. If I get a short amount of use for a couple of months and grab something else when this has straightened itself out and there are lots of choices, that's fine.

EDIT:::: The ZeroLemon I got was poorly designed, with no cut-out for the camera sensor. Sent it back. They apologized, offered immediate refund. Doesn't seem to me like a good idea to cover the camera sensor with another layer of glass.

Last edited:

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
That's what in doing. Bought a cheap one off Amazon before I bought the N4. Bought the zagg when I bought the N4 but took the zagg back after 2 days. Put the cheap tempered glass on after that. It looks the same as the zagg. Leaving it on until something else comes out.

Posted via the Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey folks I asked this question here before but i just looked back at the post where I asked and suddenly realize I did one lousy job of it. LIke I forgot how to use the English language...terrible.

Anyway...I know some folks have applied LiguidGlass to their N4's. The instructions say to apply to the whole exterior minding port openings etc. But my sense of it is that people that are using it are also wrapping a case around their N4. So are folks just using the LiquidGlass on the screen and in doing so are they staying away from the home button or just getting right up to the edge of it?

If left to my own devices, I would probably just do the screen. But I trust you guys here. If you guys are doing the whole device even then using a case, that is what I would do and I would also do what you guys are doing around the home button.
I applied to the screen only. I actually wiped it on the home button and let it dry overnight.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

asabino

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried the Iioome flex?? It covers everything I have it on now.. But like every other person no one wants to spend the 25.00 for it but when they go and buy the 5.99 for 3 screen protectors and they don't fit right or when they drop their phone and the screen crack then the boo hoo start.. Me I have the outterbox and Iioome on my note 4 yes I spend 75.00 but now I have no worries.
Do you have pics? And did you buy it off their website?

mty msi

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
Everything else I've read about the iloome flex screen both here & on xda developers says it won't be available until 10-29. This is the one they redesigned to fit the N4 (I don't think it covers the entire screen but the way it's supposed to fit solves the halo problem) and it's 8h instead of 9h.

I believe it's this screen

Amazon.com: iloome Galaxy S4 ScreenMate Flex Flexible Glass 8H Hardness Premium Screen Protector with Oleophobic Coating: Cell Phones & Accessories

Which is not yet available for the N4.

larry0071

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I got the Verizon one installed at the store yesterday and it's starting to lift a bit at the edges. I'll likely just deal with it as it's not impeding my use or my viewing of the screen content, but I'll keep watching for someone to come up with a better designed screen protector, be it tempered glass or plastic. I bet in a couple months there will be a solution.
SAM_0757.jpg

SAM_0760.jpg

SAM_0765.jpg

SAM_0766.jpg

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That is a shame. There are so many reports of scratching from cases from people that actually think phone designers are designing their phones to be immune to cosmetic damage that it struck me that maybe Crystalusion's instruction to coat the entire device made sense.

The only phone or tablet or even laptop devices that I know of that have some level of structural or mechanical or physical integrity that is designed in from the start are those made by companies or divisions of companies specifically in that business. They show either the mechanical test regimen that the product has been tested to or the Mil Standard that it is designed to. Has anybody seen anything from Sammy regarding structural, mechanical or physical immunity to damage or cosmetic damage for the N4? I haven't....because its not there...and its not there for any of the other manufacturers either with the exceptions that I noted above.

phantomog

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I got the Verizon one installed at the store yesterday and it's starting to lift a bit at the edges. I'll likely just deal with it as it's not impeding my use or my viewing of the screen content, but I'll keep watching for someone to come up with a better designed screen protector, be it tempered glass or plastic. I bet in a couple months there will be a solution.
View attachment 143984

is that the kickstand case from Verizon? How did you get it? My local store doesn't have it, and it can't be ordered online (out of stock).

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Here is mine again. SuperShieldz, it doesn't cover the whole screen, which I think that is the way it has to be on screens with rounded corners. It covers the viewing area, and there are cut outs for the front facing camera too.

lassy1.jpg