10-07-2015 07:32 AM
348 ... 89101112 ...
tools
    I just emailed Spigen about my Neo Hybrid holes not lining up. I don't want to go drilling holes in a brand new case to make it operate like it should have in the first place. Maybe they are aware of the issue? Lets see what they say.............
    10-24-2014 10:06 PM
    the seidio company makes a naked holster case that they had for the note 3, but they are working one one for the note 4, and I can't wait... Raw is the best way!
    10-24-2014 10:37 PM
    Anyone got Neo Hybrid for ATT? Does the bottom cutout holes fits?

Got my answer.
    10-25-2014 12:11 AM
    I tried to return my case to amazon but because I placed my order over 30 days ago (yay for ordering early) my return window has passed even though I didnt get the case till last monday. I emailed Spigen to see if they will help. I guess I wont be ordering phone cases ahead of time anymore.....
    10-25-2014 12:17 AM
    If you have a Spigen case, look at the bottom two holes to the side of your charging port and you'll see that the spacing is not right. With the case on, the microphone is not able to pick up my voice. I have the Neo-Hybrid, I'd be interested in hearing from those of you with other Spigen cases.
    I have Neo hybrid no issues here... Tmobile note 4
    10-25-2014 12:59 AM
    Are there any Cases I can purchase similar to the Neo-Hybrid I can purchase that do not cover the mic on the Verizon Gnote4? I do not like bulky cases like Otterbox or the wallet cases.
    10-25-2014 01:38 AM
    This has turned out to be a regular racket and there are going to end up being some suppliers that are simply not going to get any of my business again. In as few words as possible, they can pound sand.
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-25-2014 02:01 AM
    http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14...6d3f1cb90a.jpg

Here you can see the obvious mismatching of microphone holes on the bottom of the Verizon version. Case is the Spigen Tough Armor and Verizon Black N4. I haven't had any issues with callers not being able to hear me nor have I had any issues with the phone and its respective voice recognition programs like Google NOW etc.
    Well I have ran into my first issue that I must blame on the case itself. While talking on the phone, if my hands move around on the case, the caller can hear that clear as day on their end and this I must attribute to the misaligned microphone holes sadly.
    10-25-2014 06:41 AM
    Spigen seems to be getting sloppy as of late. I have two cases. The official Samsung case and the otterbox defender. Both line up perfectly. I have the Verizon variation.
    10-25-2014 07:18 AM
    The caseology case having same issue

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-25-2014 08:40 AM
    Any suggestions on cases that ARE compatible with the Verizon version of the N4?
    10-25-2014 12:13 PM
    Any suggestions on cases that ARE compatible with the Verizon version of the N4?
    Urban Armor Gear, Samsung Protective Cover and the Tech 21 mesh cases.
    huntnyc likes this.
    10-25-2014 12:18 PM
    The caseology case having same issue

Not all cases Black Premium TPU Worn Leather Design Case Cover Samsung Galaxy Note IV 4 | eBay
    This one matches up perfectly, no call quality issues whatsoever.
    10-25-2014 01:29 PM
    10-25-2014 01:37 PM
    Not to be argumentative but no case that wraps around the bottom of the N4 housing that only has a hole for the left side mic will match up perfectly with both variants of the N4. The only way to do that is to have an oblong or elongated mic hole left side.
    10-25-2014 02:04 PM
    My neo is the same. Gonna try and poke some bigger holes tonight

10-25-2014 03:59 PM
    That is an interesting side effect of the misaligned left side mic hole. The natural inclination is to think the major effect will be "nobody can hear me". But then the mic itself must be sensitive enough to pick up the sound of your hand moving on the case, amplified to some extent by that funnel that is designed for that very purpose only for your voice, not the echo of some sound of movement on the case by your hand, transmitted through the case and to the mic. This might be the first evidence of a side effect as opposed to a direct effect from the result of the covered hole combined with the funnel that Sammy incorporated in the VzW variant design in an effort to funnel sound up to that mic.

No question about it then. The only choices are to open up a direct hole to the N4 mic hole or return the case. As I said earlier, I am really disappointed in some of these suppliers. That is just a flat bad job. Then to dump these cases out onto the market with in some cases return policies that kick you out of an opportunity to return it before you have even received is just bad business.

Hope some of said companies are monitoring this forum so they can see how much wreckage they are about to cost to their business. Hope it was worth it? Having been a Marketing and Sales professional for many years in Telecom, it rarely was worth it and I never allowed my company to do it. We always sucked it up regardless of the cost. My guess as to whether these are company honest mistakes in releasing these cases to the market.....not likely. They very likely knew they goofed and released them anyway instead of dealing with the issues internally based on some whacked out formula for how many times a VzW customer would end up with one of these none functional cases.

They could just as easily have complicated their lives a little by specifying that these early cases would not work with the VzW variant. They would have still sold tons of cases.
    10-25-2014 07:55 PM
    The Ringke slim case I got from Amazon = Galaxy Note 4 Case - Ringke SLIM Case [Free HD Film/All Around Protection][SF BLACK] Premium Dual Coated Hard Case Cover for Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - ECO Package

Also have wrong cutout for one of the mics at the bottom for my Verizon Note 4. What's going on??
    10-25-2014 08:47 PM
    Fixed mine. Just made the holes in the rubber part bigger. Didn't touch the plastic bumper part

Preach2k likes this.
    10-25-2014 09:04 PM
    I fixed mine but making the holes on the inner part bigger. I didn't touch the outer bumper part. Now it works great, and you can't see the part I dug out at all.
    Neo hybrid case.

Preach2k likes this.
    10-25-2014 09:07 PM
    I kept two cases. I like slim, no bulk.
    The two I kept are the neo hybrid and body glove.
    They're grippy, not plastic feeling.
    And I've never used a case on any phone before

10-25-2014 09:10 PM
    i love Diztronic TPU -

Diztronic.com: Protective Cases for Mobile Phones

best value bar none IMO.

good luck!
    10-25-2014 09:56 PM
    Can you post pics of the phone with the case?
    10-25-2014 10:42 PM
    Just so people are not dissuaded from going after the polycarb rib....if you have a high speed drill, and a small enough bit, you can drill it out as cleanly as the hole next to it. However the best way to go after the polymer inner jacket is with a punch...makes a very clean hole in the polymer jacket where a drill bit really has a hard time with polymer. Just nothing for the bit to grab onto.

I am likely to have a Tough Armor that I won't be able to return thanks to these less than best business practices. I might try to "fix" that one and provide instructions for that as well. If not I will just give it away to a none VzW customer so these characters will sell one less case. The Verus Thor that is on the way will also require modification or return. I would probably like to be able to keep that case, if I can "fix" it. So I will probably give it a try and post up results here if I can pull it off.
    10-25-2014 11:03 PM
    Seems like lots of other case manufacturers would fall subject to the same flaw. On the one hand, it is the business of these case manufacturers to know that there is a difference and compensate for it. On the other hand, I cannot escape the conclusion that Big Red is the real culprit here. Why would Verizon do this? The only thing I can come up with is to sell more cases itself to its own customers, which have a high markup. Verizon also takes out the Sammy headphones that ship with the Note 4, as if this would cause me to buy something from them. This fits the general theme. There is no denying that Big Red has a hell of a network. When traveling to court in rural areas, there simply is no replacement. Unfortunately, Verizon knows this, and they leverage the hell out of it.
    Preach2k likes this.
    10-26-2014 01:54 AM
348 ... 89101112 ...