Note 3 issues fixed with Note 4?

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
TouchWiz is not an issue to be fixed in the first place.

I see you mentioned this several times already but a lot of us who don't like TW would disagree. I believe it is too cluttered (settings for example) and by it's sheer size causes the phone to not be as responsive as it could be (won't use the L word). I would like to see this fixed in future devices.

That being said I still enjoy my S5 Active.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Samsung are not going to leave you with pure vanilla Android.
No way, no how.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

What I wish they would do is offer more customization like integrating a theme engine.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
I see you mentioned this several times already but a lot of us who don't like TW would disagree. I believe it is too cluttered (settings for example) and by it's sheer size causes the phone to not be as responsive as it could be (won't use the L word). I would like to see this fixed in future devices.

That being said I still enjoy my S5 Active.

Apparently you and several other people don't understand what TouchWiz is. My point in the statement you quoted is that TouchWiz is very literally not an issue to be fixed. It's not a matter of opinion or if you like or dislike certain things. There are definitely things I would like changed but that is irrelevant to this. If someone understands what TouchWiz is then they understand that the original question does not even make sense because TouchWiz literally is not an issue to be fixed.

jlczl

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Apparently you and several other people don't understand what TouchWiz is. My point in the statement you quoted is that TouchWiz is very literally not an issue to be fixed. It's not a matter of opinion or if you like or dislike certain things. There are definitely things I would like changed but that is irrelevant to this. If someone understands what TouchWiz is then they understand that the original question does not even make sense because TouchWiz literally is not an issue to be fixed.

That's funny. You just said the same thing with more words. I am well aware what TW is and yes there is a lot that could be fixed. Samsung itself realized this so they optimized (fixed) there code somewhat and streamlined the plethora of options to fix what some perceived as lag much the same way HTC did with sense one generation previous. IMO, they haven't done enough but they are on the right path.

I know you won't be convinced but it is what it is.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
From my (limited) research, it would seem the main complaint reviewers had with the Galaxy Note 3 was in fact, TouchWiz.

Has Samsung fixed it since then? Or will this be a recurring issue even with the Note 4?
What are you talking about? No review talked much about touchwiz other then thr fact it has it....

sux2bu

Aug 10, 2010
Visit site
That's funny. You just said the same thing with more words. I am well aware what TW is and yes there is a lot that could be fixed. Samsung itself realized this so they optimized (fixed) there code somewhat and streamlined the plethora of options to fix what some perceived as lag much the same way HTC did with sense one generation previous. IMO, they haven't done enough but they are on the right path.

I know you won't be convinced but it is what it is.

I understand what JPR is saying. Problems that need to be fixed are errors that occur. For example if my camera failed to launch, that is a problem that needs to be fixed. But if my camera launches like it's supposed to and I just don't like the way the settings are configured, that is not a "problem that need to be fixed". It is something that could be improved upon based on my preferences, but someone else might love the way the settings are configured.

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 3 and love it. Only problem I've had is it occasionally switching itself off randomly. Not sure what causes that ... might just be an issue with my device. Still very rare though so I'm really happy with it.

Trees

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
Is the PIN Lock feature added to the Lockscreen so that a PIN Lock pattern can be set, and still use Lockscreen shortcuts (camera, etc.)?

Jun 3, 2014
Visit site
What are you talking about? No review talked much about touchwiz other then thr fact it has it....

Gizmodo: "In general, the Note 3 is plenty fast. Apps open reasonably quickly, but then run very without a hitch. Why only reasonably quick to open? The grumpy gatekeeper. Samsung's TouchWiz software is a heavy burden to carry, and even the mighty quad-core Snapdragon 800 processor clocked at 2.3GHz and a hulking 3GB of RAM stumbles from time to time, which is pretty crazy. It's fast, but frankly, it should be faster."

TheVerge: "TouchWiz is full of color and sound effects, and while it isn’t as ridiculous as LG’s custom UI, it’s something you either love or hate. I’m in the latter camp — I prefer my Android unadulterated by manufacturers — but once I found out how to turn off all of the bleeps and bloops and extraneous sound effects, TouchWiz became usable, if not quite lovable."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drkrleitch