Verizon Note 4 or ATT Note 4?

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Yea the 700 mhz were sold on a different band but T-mobile hasn't built anything yet. Right now they only use band 4.
Verizon 700 mhz is different then t-mobile and aren't compatible. The note 4 does have T-Mobile 700 mhz frequency band 12 in the radio

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Verizon 700 mhz is different then t-mobile and aren't compatible. The note 4 does have T-Mobile 700 mhz frequency band 12 in the radio

Yes it does for the tmobile and att version

Sent from my LG G Pad 8.3

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

T-mobile 1700 mhz is already built in the major cities and is compatible with Verizon. 700 mhz hasn't even been built yet. So it will still be compatible where it is now.

Forecasting years out for compatibility doesn't matter because you will upgrade your phone anyway and can always change carriers down the line.

Right here and right now, Verizon phones are fully compatible on T-mobile LTE

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Read that somewhere here I think or somewhere where it does have T-Mobile new 700 mhz frequency and right band included in the phone

Ok the tmobile version does have b12 support. But not Verizon

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
T-mobile 700 frequency is not compatible with Verizon..

700 mhz were unused. That means T-mobile LTE cities are all band 4 1700mhz which means Verizon is fully compatible with T-mobile LTE.

Years down the road that might change, but that doesn't matter because you can always change carriers and upgrade phones down the line if you really need that compatibility between US carriers.

Right now, Verizon is the most compatible carrier.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
But this isn't about the iPhone nor the right place about it so thus I could care less about iPhones. Generally phones bands is dependent on the carrier you buy it from

Speaking generally though, iPhones account for over half of the smartphones sold by Verizon, so it is fair to discuss it generally. Now if you are talking specifically about Android then I would agree with you.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Speaking generally though, iPhones account for over half of the smartphones sold by Verizon, so it is fair to discuss it generally. Now if you are talking specifically about Android then I would agree with you.

This is called android central for a reason ;)

Wonder77

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site
AT&T. open GSM global standard network allowing BYOD and SIM freedom vs. closed CDMA network requiring proprietary phones.

What does this mean? I just ordered the verison note 4 (unlocked) but I had a different one before and loved it. What am I loosing by getting the verison version? Also mentioned was the loss of the s pen planner? I use that alot.