Note 4 or Moto X?

Rajeev Kumar5

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I love moto x and Note for its s pen (I have moto x 2013 version, planning to buy 2014 version but confused) only concern Note 4 is expensive, but if convinced can buy one on emi.
Please compare and guide.

Posted via Android Central App

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I had the moto x while having the Note 3 because I heard it was "the best"....I hated it. Couldn't return so I sold it on eBay after mere days of ownership. It was too light for me felt very cheap. Also the whole voice command thing didn't work well for me at all. I ended up keeping my Note. Call me partial, but I loooovvvee Samsung phones. Simple things like the notification light, physical button, and easy access to settings have made me own over 7 of their phones. I have tried HTC, Moro, and yet I return to Samsung. It's like a match made in technology addict heaven. Ppl can hate on touch wiz all they want but out doesn't bother me one bit. But again, this is just my point of view :)

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
I had the moto x while having the Note 3 because I heard it was "the best"....I hated it. Couldn't return so I sold it on eBay after mere days of ownership. It was too light for me felt very cheap. Also the whole voice command thing didn't work well for me at all. I ended up keeping my Note. Call me partial, but I loooovvvee Samsung phones. Simple things like the notification light, physical button, and easy access to settings have made me own over 7 of their phones. I have tried HTC, Moro, and yet I return to Samsung. It's like a match made in technology addict heaven. Ppl can hate on touch wiz all they want but out doesn't bother me one bit. But again, this is just my point of view :)

Like the OP I thought about getting the X over the Note 4. But like you said (reesh11) I love Samsung phones. I like how they hold on to the features that made android great. I love removal batteries and sd card slots. Despite the plastic builds their phones are sturdy and reliable. In my experience with android devices, my samsungs have had much better battery life than my htc or LG devices. I can't wait to buy the Note 4.

livetoride4666

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I love the new Moto x and I think the wood backs are killer, however, I'm getting the note 4 mainly due to its battery, camera and s-pen. I sold my (2013) X really quick due to horrific camera.

TonyStarks260

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Alot of people favor a more stock android experience, which is what makes Moto so good. You're getting enhancements ontop of stock android. In the end its up to the end user (you) to decide what's important. The one thing I can say about the note is that you don't compromise from a spec standpoint; you get the huge battery, amazing display, camera, the whole deal. With moto you get a near stock, speedy experience with what we can assume will be quick updates in the future.

I myself will be going with the Note this year because it feels more like a 2 year device to me. And i already have a nexus for when I want to mess with roms and check out android L when it drops.

Huggie87

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I had the original moto x I left my note 2 for it and after a couple of months I started to miss the bigger screen and s pen so I went back to Samsung and got the s5 and will be getting the note 4 when it's available

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site
Do you really need to ask this question the n4 is a beast the moto x is a budget phone at best compared to the n4 if I didn't ALREADY HAVE the n3 I'd be all over it

onesojourner

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
My wife has the 2013 Moto X. Awesome phone. It get's 2 days of battery life with normal use. I really do love it. The camera is the suckiest part. If the new moto x had been under 5 inches and come in a 64GB model with a bigger battery I would have probably gone with it. The moto x 2013 feels so fast even on dated hardware. When moto confirmed that the moto x 2014 was a big phone I said screw it. If I am going big I am going big and I am going to get all the latest tech with superior specs. I will probably pick up a moto x 2013 or a z3 compact if I can get on verizon down the road for when I don't want a monster phone. If I get tired of TW and other samsung bull crap I will root and run something closer to stock.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Alot of people favor a more stock android experience, which is what makes Moto so good. You're getting enhancements ontop of stock android. In the end its up to the end user (you) to decide what's important. The one thing I can say about the note is that you don't compromise from a spec standpoint; you get the huge battery, amazing display, camera, the whole deal. With moto you get a near stock, speedy experience with what we can assume will be quick updates in the future.

I myself will be going with the Note this year because it feels more like a 2 year device to me. And i already have a nexus for when I want to mess with roms and check out android L when it drops.

Slap on the Google now launcher and you wont tell the difference other then possible lag :)