OneDrive
    Dropbox
    Yahoo Mail
    Yahoo Weather
    Viber
    Camera (but allowed on pop-up)
    Snapseed
    Tune-in

Maybe these apps will be updated soon to support this feature.
    I wonder whether there is a list of apps that support multi window feature for Samsung Note series.
    10-09-2014 10:58 AM
    Ordered black but started contemplating white. Think I'll stick with black white screen boarders are just not good. You wouldn't have a white plasma TV would you. Mm
    AZDROIDX likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:12 AM
    Does it have the Nokia navigation or still Google maps navigation?

Thanks

Posted via the Android Central App
    10-09-2014 11:15 AM
    How has the battery life been for you so far?
    10-09-2014 11:25 AM
    The only con that I have is on the UI. Everything was so big! I hope someday, Samsung can give the option to modify it or allow the apps to run in 7" tablet mode. I think that looks better. By the way, I never had a chance to use the default launcher because I installed Nova Launcher Prime from Day1.
    Glad you really like the phone so far.

For a first time user, I'm impressed that you already replaced your home Launcher with Nova Prime. Great choice!

Some advice - you can get a "tablet look" for your home screens/folders by increasing the # of rows/columns of your home screen. (my Samsung S3 is set to 8 rows by 6 columns). That way your app icons are much smaller and don't get in the way of showing that beautiful screen wallpaper.

If you didn't notice yet, Nova Launcher gives you the ability to resize widgets and also remove padding. This gives you a lot of freedom to make your home screens much more personal.

Also, use Nova Launcher to reduce the screen margins to take more advantage of the larger screen - push stuff closer to the edge of the screen - opens up some elbow room between your screen icons & widgets. I set my margins to "none" - "we don't need no stinkin' margins!"

For a "tablet look" for apps, sorry, can't help there. But I agree that this would be an awesome feature.
    kevin_fan likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:40 AM
    Stupid newbie question.
    When using Nova are you still able to use the multi-window function?
    Yes.
    Chris Kay76 likes this.
    10-09-2014 11:41 AM
    Yeah I think it looks good especially with the colorful wallpapers. White keyboards also matches the white hardware. I changed mine to fleksy.
    I've not used fleksy keyboard before. Have you tried SwiftKey? How do they compare?
    10-09-2014 11:47 AM
    I'll just list some apps which I found not compatible:

Google Drive
    Google Plus
    Google Keep
    Google Photos
    OneDrive
    Dropbox
    Yahoo Mail
    Yahoo Weather
    Viber
    Camera (but allowed on pop-up)
    Snapseed
    Tune-in

Maybe these apps will be updated soon to support this feature.
    Guessing Tapatalk isn't?
    10-09-2014 11:54 AM
    What phone are you coming from?
    10-09-2014 12:04 PM
    Thanks for answering questions. How's the screen in direct sunlight?
    Tarek53180 likes this.
    10-09-2014 02:34 PM
    Your Note 3 has gone to crop, really? That is a top of the line phone that is at the most one year old and it has gone to crap? If this is true it is just scaring me off of Samsung.
    LegalAmerican likes this.
    10-09-2014 04:03 PM
    Kevin, can you give an opinion about phone reception? Maybe if you notice a difference from your previous phone in a weak location, or this phone being weak in a previous strong location. Most reviews don't elaborate on this much. Thanks for any info.
    RSPC likes this.
    10-09-2014 05:34 PM
    I wonder whether there is a list of apps that support multi window feature for Samsung Note series.
    Here are some of the apps that I use that supports floating and multi window.

BBM
    Chrome
    Facebook
    FB Messenger
    Hangouts
    Phone Dialer
    Whatapp
    Gmail
    Play Store
    Evernote
    Google Maps
    Calculator
    Gallery
    YouTube
    10-09-2014 08:02 PM
    Ordered black but started contemplating white. Think I'll stick with black white screen boarders are just not good. You wouldn't have a white plasma TV would you. Mm
    If it was really black then I definitely get that. But weighing on the purely white and grayish black, I preferred the white. I went to Samsung store so many times before deciding on this one. =) But of course we all have different taste.
    madmurd likes this.
    10-09-2014 08:06 PM
    How has the battery life been for you so far?
    Around 20% before I go to bed. Usually wake up at 6. Heavy usage on train commute (around 2 hours to and from the office). Only IM usage during office hours (8hrs). That's around 15 hours of mixed usage. But that's mostly on wifi. It automatically connects to wifi (for free) provided by the network here in Seoul and that's everywhere in the metro.
    10-09-2014 08:17 PM
    I've not used fleksy keyboard before. Have you tried SwiftKey? How do they compare?
    I haven't install that yet but I'm planning if I can't adjust to this keyboard.
    10-09-2014 08:37 PM
    What phone are you coming from?
    I'm using a BlackBerry Q10 with an ipod touch as a companion device for apps and media consumption. But its so difficult to transfer media to ios devices and of course the screen is small. Then this device came out and I think its perfect for my needs. I'm still on BlackBerry though because I'm still learning how to tame android. I'm not yet familiar on how everything works on this OS.
    10-09-2014 08:42 PM
    Thanks for answering questions. How's the screen in direct sunlight?
    There's no problem with that. It's very usable. There's some reflections and maybe in the future I will try a matte screen protector. But I will think more about that because it will affect the clarity of the screen.
    10-09-2014 08:45 PM
    Kevin, can you give an opinion about phone reception? Maybe if you notice a difference from your previous phone in a weak location, or this phone being weak in a previous strong location. Most reviews don't elaborate on this much. Thanks for any info.
    I'm sorry but I can't elaborate that too. I live in Seoul and LTE is everywhere. There's also the network's wifi (where my phone gets connected automatically) in almost all building that I've been. I've never had problem about this yet and hopefully I wont have.
    10-09-2014 08:52 PM
    I noticed a not so smooth animation when I press the recent apps key. I'm not sure if this is android or samsung or nova's fault but it's just a very very little annoyance. I'm from ios and BB10 and animations on that OS are almost perfect. But still, this device is so beautiful and perfect for media consumption.
    Try disabling s-voice using the nova setting for gestures and buttons. You can also disable animations when you enable developer mode. (google it) that really helpd speed things up.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-09-2014 09:27 PM
    Grats Kevin!!

Can you use the S-pen stuff with Nova Launcher??

thanks!!
    10-09-2014 10:01 PM
    That is a smexy looking phone! All the pictures white phones I've seen look absolutely beautiful and I think it enhances the display (some cognitive visual processing effect).

I also don't think it detracts in any way while viewing video either. You're usually immersed in the video not looking at the screen edges. Also I think maybe black might be more of a detractor for the eyes/mind as our brains are not naturally used to seeing really dark objects. And I think black objects actually very mildly (even subconsciously) turns on our stress system...think bats, panthers, dark/dangerous areas, etc. Also imagine having all black walls...

At least, this is how I can explain my current inability to like black phones.
    10-09-2014 10:29 PM
    KEvin, what is your favorite ice cream flavor?
    10-09-2014 10:40 PM
    the Black looks black too me, don't know why people are calling it grayish.
    TechNut79 and Katrina White1 like this.
    10-09-2014 10:49 PM
    As they say, there's always a first...for Samsung.

OP, thanks. That looks amazing!
    10-09-2014 11:37 PM
68 123