A week with my white Note 4

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Got me thinking I should get white.. Also how are the pics in lowlight

Posted via Android Central App

I'm sorry I don't really mind this feature. When I take a picture and I don't like it, I just take another shot. =) Maybe its better to read reviews from bloggers who do some real testing about the camera. Android Authority and PhoneArena already have their reviews.

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
How many apps are in multi window have you found?

I'll just list some apps which I found not compatible:

Google Drive
Google Plus
Google Keep
Google Photos
OneDrive
Dropbox
Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Weather
Viber
Camera (but allowed on pop-up)
Snapseed
Tune-in

Maybe these apps will be updated soon to support this feature.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I can't wait any longer lol. My note 3 has gone to crap and if I wasn't planning on buying a phone soon I would of factory reseted this phone and or see if I can get this replaced

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

ellevsoft

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site

Google Drive
Google Plus
Google Keep
Google Photos
OneDrive
Dropbox
Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Weather
Viber
Snapseed
Tune-in

I wonder whether there is a list of apps that support multi window feature for Samsung Note series.

madmurd

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Ordered black but started contemplating white. Think I'll stick with black white screen boarders are just not good. You wouldn't have a white plasma TV would you. Mm

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
The only con that I have is on the UI. Everything was so big! I hope someday, Samsung can give the option to modify it or allow the apps to run in 7" tablet mode. I think that looks better. By the way, I never had a chance to use the default launcher because I installed Nova Launcher Prime from Day1.

Glad you really like the phone so far.

For a first time user, I'm impressed that you already replaced your home Launcher with Nova Prime. Great choice!

Some advice - you can get a "tablet look" for your home screens/folders by increasing the # of rows/columns of your home screen. (my Samsung S3 is set to 8 rows by 6 columns). That way your app icons are much smaller and don't get in the way of showing that beautiful screen wallpaper.

If you didn't notice yet, Nova Launcher gives you the ability to resize widgets and also remove padding. This gives you a lot of freedom to make your home screens much more personal.

Also, use Nova Launcher to reduce the screen margins to take more advantage of the larger screen - push stuff closer to the edge of the screen - opens up some elbow room between your screen icons & widgets. I set my margins to "none" - "we don't need no stinkin' margins!"

For a "tablet look" for apps, sorry, can't help there. But I agree that this would be an awesome feature.

thegame161

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site

Google Drive
Google Plus
Google Keep
Google Photos
OneDrive
Dropbox
Yahoo Mail
Yahoo Weather
Viber
Snapseed
Tune-in

Guessing Tapatalk isn't?

tx_tuff

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Your Note 3 has gone to crop, really? That is a top of the line phone that is at the most one year old and it has gone to crap? If this is true it is just scaring me off of Samsung.

GPtimes2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Kevin, can you give an opinion about phone reception? Maybe if you notice a difference from your previous phone in a weak location, or this phone being weak in a previous strong location. Most reviews don't elaborate on this much. Thanks for any info.:)

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I wonder whether there is a list of apps that support multi window feature for Samsung Note series.

Here are some of the apps that I use that supports floating and multi window.

BBM
Chrome
Facebook
FB Messenger
Hangouts
Phone Dialer
Whatapp
Gmail
Play Store
Evernote
Google Maps
Calculator
Gallery
YouTube

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Ordered black but started contemplating white. Think I'll stick with black white screen boarders are just not good. You wouldn't have a white plasma TV would you. Mm

If it was really black then I definitely get that. But weighing on the purely white and grayish black, I preferred the white. I went to Samsung store so many times before deciding on this one. =) But of course we all have different taste.

kevin_fan

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
How has the battery life been for you so far?

Around 20% before I go to bed. Usually wake up at 6. Heavy usage on train commute (around 2 hours to and from the office). Only IM usage during office hours (8hrs). That's around 15 hours of mixed usage. But that's mostly on wifi. It automatically connects to wifi (for free) provided by the network here in Seoul and that's everywhere in the metro.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95