Note 4 Verizon costumers

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I don't care if t-mobile customers got theirs a week from last Tuesday! I wouldn't give up my superior coverage for crappy t-mobile service.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't care if t-mobile customers got theirs a week from last Tuesday! I wouldn't give up my superior coverage for crappy t-mobile service.

It just depends on the area.. Carriers are area dependent.. T-Mobile isn't bad everywhere.. Just like in some areas AT&T is better than Verizon. Just have to go with what works for you & your budget :).

gafly

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
So, I have a Note 2 with Verizon. I pre-ordered the Note 4 the moment pre-orders went live and have been constantly talking about the phone and it's features with some other guys in the office. I apparently convinced one of the guys to get rid of his G3 for the N4 so he pre-ordered it with T-Mobile a week or so after me. He received his N4 yesterday, and, since I'm with Verizon, I am still waiting for a shipping notification. It's just not fair!

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
So, I have a Note 2 with Verizon. I pre-ordered the Note 4 the moment pre-orders went live and have been constantly talking about the phone and it's features with some other guys in the office. I apparently convinced one of the guys to get rid of his G3 for the N4 so he pre-ordered it with T-Mobile a week or so after me. He received his N4 yesterday, and, since I'm with Verizon, I am still waiting for a shipping notification. It's just not fair!
Ouch. Yeah that has to sting. But at least you know yours is coming. We can all hang out here and wait for devices to show up.

bontjes

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
I went to the store yesterday as well and asked about pre-ordering the Note 4. The sales guy was quick and excited to tell me that the release date was October 17, 2014.
He then pulled up his Note 3 and did a Google Voice Search which said that the release date is October 17. However, once you read a little bit further (beyond what google reads to you..) it said that Verizon is actually October 23, 2014.
Is Verizon always late to the draw like that?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I went to the store yesterday as well and asked about pre-ordering the Note 4. The sales guy was quick and excited to tell me that the release date was October 17, 2014.
He then pulled up his Note 3 and did a Google Voice Search which said that the release date is October 17. However, once you read a little bit further (beyond what google reads to you..) it said that Verizon is actually October 23, 2014.
Is Verizon always late to the draw like that?

Not usually... One week late on Verizon is pretty good, compared to 6 months late on the m7 and a month or two late on the n2. S3 was several months late too.

Though if having a phone with the same release date is a high priority then there are phones that get released at the same time as other carriers, in fact the majority of smartphones by volume do get released at the same time as other carriers... Just not Android.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

xxx420

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
Why the [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] do they remove the headphones?! This just really bothers me. It's a matter of principle. I paid for them, they belong to me. It's like going to the store and buying a TV, but the guy at the cash register removes the remote from the box before you can leave. Seriously, Wtf?!

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Why the [inappropriate language edited by Moderator] do they remove the headphones?! This just really bothers me. It's a matter of principle. I paid for them, they belong to me. It's like going to the store and buying a TV, but the guy at the cash register removes the remote from the box before you can leave. Seriously, Wtf?!

Verizon probably bought it from Samsung without the headphones, so it was probably never know the box to begin with.

thatdarnpunk

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Probably how they keep the price down. I caved and just bought a pair on Samsung's website. With 50% off coupon they cost $15. Since VZW charges $50 less than most carriers, I consider this a win at this point.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 did not have headphones either. If I recall correctly, the Sprint version did and maybe another. However, I believe that their version's price reflected that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Probably how they keep the price down. I caved and just bought a pair on Samsung's website. With 50% off coupon they cost $15. Since VZW charges $50 less than most carriers, I consider this a win at this point.

No offense, but Verizon could keep the cost down if they removed the S Pen too, but that doesn't make it any more acceptable. Not jumping on you so please don't take it that way. Just frustrated with Verizon if this is true.

When I pre-ordered my iPhone 5 through Verizon two years ago they didn't remove the earbuds.

I will say, however, that the headphones aren't listed on Samsung's website as being included in the box, at least as far as I have seen. Maybe that was done intentionally so carriers could make the decision whether to include them or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
The Note 3 did not have headphones either. If I recall correctly, the Sprint version did and maybe another. However, I believe that their version's price reflected that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

N2 and m3 didn't have headphones

ejcrossl

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Re: Verizon costumers

I've heard that it's a possibility that those who preordered from Best buy might get their note's on the 17th along with the other carriers, but I doubt it :( I'm one of those people

Posted via the Android Central App

The Best Buy Rep I talked to said they will probably get the VZ Note 4s on Friday, but they will not sell them until the 23rd because they could get in trouble for doing so.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Verizon probably bought it from Samsung without the headphones, so it was probably never know the box to begin with.

This. I doubt Verizon removes them... They'd have to remove it from every box and that wouldn't be very fun. I'm sure they just don't pay for them in the order so Samsung doesn't ship them.

harryhayde

Jul 12, 2014
Visit site
Re: Verizon costumers

The Best Buy Rep I talked to said they will probably get the VZ Note 4s on Friday, but they will not sell them until the 23rd because they could get in trouble for doing so.

Best Buy has a deal with the manufacturer not the carrier, if they get it on Friday they will sell on Friday, Verizon has a certain release date because they are anticipating pre-orders

Posted via the Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana