Note 4 Man, this Beast is amazing!

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
Re: Man, this Beast is amazing!

I agree that the speaker is plenty loud, but the sound is pretty flat. It's fine for phone calls via speakerphone, but if you're someone who likes listening to music, you might be underwhelmed. The sound is clear and I haven't had it become distorted even at high volumes, but I grabbed my partner's iPhone 6 plus and played the same song and it sounded much more full. But I rarely listen to music via the speaker so it's not that big of an issue for me.
Good maybe it will stop idiots who play music via speaker while their shopping lol. I find that so annoying. Use headphones

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

Which bluetooth headset?

Note 2 via Android Central App

Come on guys, get with it!! Don't let the old man blow you all away..:D

My bluetooth setup as stated in my sig.

The Harman Kardon Bluetooth headphones work well for running and the gym, they have a nice tight fit, and they are cheaper than the Sonys.
The Sony Bluetooth headphone is pure luxury, for home use.. Both of these headphones have apt x which IMO, is a biggee sending audio across bluetooth. Also, the Note 2, Note 3, and Note 4 all have the apt x coding.
I be banging FLAC files through the Note 4 on bluetooth/aptx.. :cool:

phony1.jpgphony2.jpg

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

The Harman Kardon Bluetooth headphones work well for running and the gym, they have a nice tight fit, and they are cheaper than the Sonys.
The Sony Bluetooth headphone is pure luxury, for home use.. Both of these headphones have apt x which IMO, is a biggee sending audio across bluetooth. Also, the Note 2, Note 3, and Note 4 all have the apt x coding.

View attachment 141223View attachment 141224

My work doesn't allow over ear headphones... Otherwise I'd use my bose ones that I bought 2 years ago. So I had to settle for this :(.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

I agree that the speaker is plenty loud, but the sound is pretty flat. It's fine for phone calls via speakerphone, but if you're someone who likes listening to music, you might be underwhelmed. The sound is clear and I haven't had it become distorted even at high volumes, but I grabbed my partner's iPhone 6 plus and played the same song and it sounded much more full. But I rarely listen to music via the speaker so it's not that big of an issue for me.

Same here, NEVER music from speaker!! ;)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site

My work doesn't allow over ear headphones... Otherwise I'd use my bose ones that I bought 2 years ago. So I had to settle for this :(.

You know I ran into that problem at one time, but got around it. When they moved me to working the phones(helpdesk it),I am just sitting there, watching movies and/or listening to music. Phone in front of me, headphones on, I don't miss a call. And I LOVE the hour long silence when I don't get any calls..I can truly say, my workplace is headphone friendly, and bicycle friendly. I keep two bicycles in my cube too!! :D

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

You know I ran into that problem at one time, but got around it. When they moved me to working the phones(helpdesk it),I am just sitting there, watching movies and/or listening to music. Phone in front of me, headphones on, I don't miss a call. And I LOVE the hour long silence when I don't get any calls..I can truly say, my workplace is headphone friendly, and bicycle friendly. I keep two bicycles in my cube too!! :D

Lucky! I just use these and they don't complain.. Just happy I can use them. I am usually watching some videos if it's slow.. But if not I usually am always streaming music :).

monsieurms

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
I couldnt play with it much, got called into for work despite having earned it off, took pics of it near late night but they came out dark so will upload new ones in the morning.

Don't you just hate it when works gets in the way of life? :)

I've never encountered this behavior.

Happily, it doesn't happen that often, but I can think of at least half a dozen instances.

wgragg

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site

Good maybe it will stop idiots who play music via speaker while their shopping lol. I find that so annoying. Use headphones

Or sitting at a restaurant and they start playing videos or music. If I wanted to listen to your crud, I would be there sitting with you! Worse yet is when you have 2 or 3 different people doing the same thing but with different song/videos/games.

clatus

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site

I've never encountered this behavior.

I have. These are the worst people on the planet. They walk around public playing music on their smartphone speaker. They must love the attention they get or something.

stackberry369

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site

View attachment 141223View attachment 141224

Try playing Deadmau5 song the Veldt and see how it sounds ☺

Posted via Android Central App

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Guys what are your thoughts on the metal frame? Does it show fingerprints easily and has anyone had any issue of it scratching easily? I know its still early but that killed me on my S4 with it peeling. (yes I know different materials)
With my note 4 I noticed small hairline scratches. Not many just a few very small ones. It doesn't bother me because they are very tiny but I'm most definitely gonna get a case to keep more from coming. It's funny because at first I said I wasn't going to get a case and rock it bare.

my note 4 is better than yours

HOLLYWOODANT215

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

With my note 4 I noticed small hairline scratches. Not many just a few very small ones. It doesn't bother me because they are very tiny but I'm most definitely gonna get a case to keep more from coming. It's funny because at first I said I wasn't going to get a case and rock it bare.

Black or white version?

Posted via Android Central App

fredwardnelson

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site

I have. These are the worst people on the planet. They walk around public playing music on their smartphone speaker. They must love the attention they get or something.

That gets on my nerves too, especially in Wal-mart or on the bus or train.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Frost white

I have the black one and after reading your post I checked mine and do not have these scratches. Do you put your phone any place that could cause this?

I keep my right pocket as my dedicated phone pocket. Nothing else goes in there but my phone.

honey_bee_33

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

I have the black one and after reading your post I checked mine and do not have these scratches. Do you put your phone any place that could cause this?

I keep my right pocket as my dedicated phone pocket. Nothing else goes in there but my phone.
I think I may have gotten those by placing it in my gym bag while working out. But they are very very tiny. I noticed them yesterday by inspecting my phone once someone else mentioned how easy the metal might be at scratching up. Even Michael Fisher review unit note 4 have the same hairline scratches on note 3 vs note 4 review. He even zoom in on them to show it.