Note 4 group sms issues

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I had no issues with incoming group sms from iPhones. Now with note 4 when I'm added to a group and they sms it doesn't stay in a group and I get then individually which makes for an issue on following the group convo. I'm sure I missed a setting to fix this on the note 4??

Posted via the Android Central App

tdgwf

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
Re: group sms issues

Did you switch from an iPhone to the N4? If so maybe the number needs to be removed from the iMessages database on iTunes.

madmurd

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site

iMessage is the problem. If you've turned it off it can take 45 days to lob you of there servers

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site

I've had this problem on my M8. The solution was to turn on Group Messaging under MMS settings. Hopefully that's an option for you guys.

Posted via Android Central App

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I have changed my default app and multimedia is greyed out... Go under that within settings and see if there is a group message.

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Check in here.

No I do not see a setting for group under mms or sms. This is a big problem.

I am not coming from iPhone either so has nothing to do with that. I have friends who have apple and sms me in a group and as I said I had no issues with my note 3 in getting them in my group inbox. Note 4 they come individual inbound.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
On the Note 3 you, as the sender, have the option to set the group message to go out as an individual message to each recipient or to send as a group message. Could it be an issue on the senders end of the conversation?

Last edited:

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I have not come from Iphone so Imessage has nothing to do with me.

These are the facts:

1. If Mary, Jack and Jill who own an Iphone 6 add my phone number which is my Note 4 into a group conversation I DO NOT get the communication in a group chat. This is bad. Previously before I got my Note 4 (2 days ago) , when Mary, Jack and Jill communicated in the group chat, I did receive the group chats with my Note 3.

2. I can not find any setting in the Note 4 for turning on Group Chat for MMS like exists in the Note 3.

3. Doesn't anyone have friends who own a IPHONE and who have friends that group chat? Surely, you have this problem??

Jaggrey

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Again, I'm on an M8, but do you not have these options under MMS? Did you have these options on your Note 3?

Attachments

• 66848.jpg
    66848.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 126

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Again, I'm on an M8, but do you not have these options under MMS? Did you have these options on your Note 3?

I'm sure I had them with note 3. I shipped it back to tmobile so I don't have note 3 anymore.

I do not see any options for group mms on note 4

Posted via Note 4!

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

I'll let you know if I have that problem tomorrow when I get my Note 4.

However, if the standard messaging app on the Note 4 doesnt do group sms, you can always download a 3rd party messaging app. Many of those do it.

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

I'll let you know if I have that problem tomorrow when I get my Note 4.

However, if the standard messaging app on the Note 4 doesnt do group sms, you can always download a 3rd party messaging app. Many of those do it.

Yes I realize that and prolly would have no problem in doing another 3rd party app but note 4 messenger is nice and much better then note 3 version. I would hate to have to leave it and use textra

Posted via Note 4!

lsmachado

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site

No I do not see a setting for group under mms or sms. This is a big problem.

I am not coming from iPhone either so has nothing to do with that. I have friends who have apple and sms me in a group and as I said I had no issues with my note 3 in getting them in my group inbox. Note 4 they come individual inbound.

This is per the Note 4 user manual (page 52, I believe):

Configure the settings for text messages, multimedia messages, push messages, and so on. ►From a Home screen, tap Apps > Messages > *More options > Settings.

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

Configure the settings for text messages, multimedia messages, push messages, and so on. ►From a Home screen, tap Apps > Messages > *More options > Settings.

I'm having a problem on the messages menu finding more options menu and then settings??

Posted via Note 4!

noteiii007

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site

If you mean group conversation selection I have that already and that is for outbound. Outbound group is not a problem as it is only inbound this issue is happening.

Posted via Note 4!