Note 4 - Post your battery life screens and info

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
What do you disable and what is your screen time for this? Are you using any power saving modes during this time?

My screen on time is about 2hrs so far. I disabled almost everything I could, honestly. All the software I didn't use (samsung/verizon software). I don't have any power saving modes on. I keep my screen brightness on auto.

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
Does anyone know how to "disable" these bloat apps that come with the phones? I have Sprint.

I went to "settings>Applications>Application manager" then I swiped to the right until you get the "all" list. Then just go down through and click the ones you don't use and either choose "turn off," "uninstall," or "force stop"

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
7 hours screen time is insane!

Is everyone who is getting this great battery life charging their phones to 100%? The counter doesn't reset until you do so, I was getting a day and a half readings before I realized that the counter wasn't resetting.

Even if you charge it to 99% it may not reset. This is the only explanation I can think of, otherwise I would like to know every app and setting that people are using/not using so I can get this lol
That's easy to confirm because even if the counter doesn't reset, you can see that on the battery graph. It will not be in a continuous downward trend like this.
599c6ddc3dbca9f7e779114ef421675a.jpg
. So I guess this answer your question

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
2 hours? Something must be wrong tho! You should easely get 4 hours...

Posted via the Android Central App

My battery was at about 48% with 2hrs of screen on time. I think thats somewhat decent? I've been trying to disable and uninstall as much unnecessary software as possible to boost my battery life

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
My battery was at about 48% with 2hrs of screen on time. I think thats somewhat decent? I've been trying to disable and uninstall as much unnecessary software as possible to boost my battery life
How's your signal strength? Do you use LTE all the time? And do you have good signal. Sometimes it's not just apps.

est0que

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
This just does not seem right. I've read about people heavily using their phone and getting like 10 hours. I've been lightly using it and already lost this much charge. It's really going to suck if I have to take this back and exchange it smh.

470Op6X.png

edit:I changed the brightness from 50% to auto and I haven't used the phone that much.

ILUVrZp.jpg

Here's an update with the screen time. My relative has the note 4 from the mobile and I checked his usage. It said his was on 11 hours on the battery and I think like 5 or 6 hours screen usage and he still had like 50 % left. BTW this charge I used Bluetooth ear buds and listened to like a hour or two of music and played Mario on a gba emulator for 30 minutes-1 hour.

Edit: 5h 18m 8s on screen time 13 percent left 7 hours 15 minutes on battery.

ymFUta7.jpg

sgyNfGU.jpg

Is this normal? It just does not seem right to me. BTW I bought the phone 2 days ago and it has been fully charged only a couple of times.

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
This just does not seem right. I've read about people heavily using their phone and getting like 10 hours. I've been lightly using it and already lost this much charge. It's really going to suck if I have to take this back and exchange it smh.

edit:I changed the brightness from 50% to auto and I haven't used the phone that much.

Here's an update with the screen time. My relative has the note 4 from the mobile and I checked his usage. It said his was on 11 hours on the battery and I think like 5 or 6 hours screen usage and he still had like 50 % left. BTW this charge I used Bluetooth ear buds and listened to like a hour or two of music and played Mario on a gba emulator for 30 minutes-1 hour.

Is this normal? It just does not seem right to me. BTW I bought the phone 2 days ago and it has been fully charged only a couple of times.

A couple of things:

The first few days battery life is always bad due to the phone indexing files, setting up the apps, you playing around with it, downloading updates, etc. It takes 3-5 days to "settle in" and start giving you typical performance.

In my experience, I have found that leaving the screen on "auto" is not a good battery life technique in some situations. If you spend a lot of your time indoors due to work or school, there is no reason to set the screen on auto and have the CPU manage/monitor the screen bright. You can put the screen on manual and bump it down all the way to 5-15%, (just bright enough to read) enable dark themes on your most common readers, and get a pretty decent improvement on battery performance. Others might disagree, but I don't run auto on my screen unless I am going to be outside a lot.

Playing video games is always going to impact battery. The CPU is running pretty solid, and the screen is always on (and you probably will want to bump it up higher than 5-15% for games if you go manual on brightness).

berryabusr88

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Not to shabby. I took this a few days ago. Screen time was over 5 hrs. Best phone I've ever had period.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-12-19-00-20.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-12-19-00-20.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 75

godzillinois

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site

http://i.imgur.com/470Op6X.png

http://i.imgur.com/ILUVrZp.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ymFUta7.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sgyNfGU.jpg

I'm not an expert, but I think it all depends on the screen time. Like, if I consistently used my phone after charging for 5 hours till dead, I should get 5 hours screen time and 5 hours battery life right? Or the 5 hours screen time can be spread out during the day?

Following this logic, you're doing better than me. I get anywhere from 3-4.5 hours screen time. Your relative is getting insane numbers though, can you find out what they're doing? Does he use WiFi mostly? Does he live in the same area as you?

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Mine is getting better and better. Averaging 7 hours lately. But I've uninstalled many apps that I hardly used. http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/14/05baf98d7708059a32c51e6cdfc74086.jpg

Averaging 7 hours? Bull****, either you have the holy grail of Note 4's, are rooted with a bunch of stuff to help out, or are a straight zen master with your phone. Either way you definitely hold the title of longest lasting single battery. What's odd to me is the lack of app usage, if you had nearly 8 hours of screen on time what were you doing if your number #2 app was paypal and the next closest is voicecalls and tapatalk @ only 3% each. Really remarkable like I said.
My day to day usage hovers around 5 hours to 5 and a half, and my all time record is 7 hours flat. I have zero complaints, but man these stats you posted are unbelievable.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Averaging 7 hours? Bull****, either you have the holy grail of Note 4's, are rooted with a bunch of stuff to help out, or are a straight zen master with your phone. Either way you definitely hold the title of longest lasting single battery. What's odd to me is the lack of app usage, if you had nearly 8 hours of screen on time what were you doing if your number #2 app was paypal and the next closest is voicecalls and tapatalk @ only 3% each. Really remarkable like I said.
My day to day usage hovers around 5 hours to 5 and a half, and my all time record is 7 hours flat. I have zero complaints, but man these stats you posted are unbelievable.
Just amazing how people always look for something negative in everything. You my friend sound paranoid. I've even seen screen shot from other people with 8-9 hours sot in XDA. My phone is not rooted, but it's free from carriers bloat and I use my phone the way I deem fit. If you read some of my other post you will know I hardly play games and even when I do I get bored quickly.
20c8dc75ed421cec980cf47da2b7d0b6.jpg

Phone is not rooted. But I trust you'll still look for something to complain about.

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Just amazing how people always look for something negative in everything. You my friend sound paranoid. I've even seen screen shot from other people with 8-9 hours sot in XDA. My phone is not rooted, but it's free from carriers bloat and I use my phone the way I deem fit. If you read some of my other post you will know I hardly play games and even when I do I get bored quickly.
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/12/15/20c8dc75ed421cec980cf47da2b7d0b6.jpg
Phone is not rooted. But I trust you'll still look for something to complain about.

Its amazing to me how somebody could be so sensitive and not read the numerous compliments, I called you a zen master for heavens sake lol. I saw that 9 hr SOT on xda, I think the key really is signal. His graph had almost entirely green from the beginning to the end, and looking at mine right now I show 3 bars of 4G but the battery stat is all yellow/tan colored for mobile signal. Also he was on 3G, no 4G. He also watched 2 full length movies, which the 805 is good at efficiently.

You need to take a chill pill and not be so damn defensive, its a bad look.

naira1

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Its amazing to me how somebody could be so sensitive and not read the numerous compliments, I called you a zen master for heavens sake lol. I saw that 9 hr SOT on xda, I think the key really is signal. His graph had almost entirely green from the beginning to the end, and looking at mine right now I show 3 bars of 4G but the battery stat is all yellow/tan colored for mobile signal.

You need to take a chill pill and not be so damn defensive, its a bad look.

I didn't get much love growing up that's why am sensitive . And i don't have any more pills to take maybe you can get me some. But I'll take the advise and chill.

Meanwhile I don't even use my LTE signal that much. Mostly WCDMA/GSM is what I use and when am home or say work i just Wi-Fi. I have no use for LTE bcos it just suck my limited plan like a vampire.

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I have started breaking 7hrs SOT too a week into ownership. Not rooted, I did disable all the Samsung stuff I recognised and didn't want....but haven't touched anything I wasn't sure about - so it could be much cleaner.

I use Greenify.

I have location, Bluetooth, NFC switched off as I don't use them. My screen is set to about 10-15%. I have a couple of email accounts but sync manually. I mostly use the browser and the odd 20 minutes here and there on Facebook and twitter ditto the XDA app. I probably watch about 30-60 minutes of youtube.

I use the s pen and Evernote to write meeting notes and a PDF reader to read and mark documents...that is probably worth and hour or so as an average.

I probably only have about 20 minutes a day voice calls and a dozen or so texts.

Off screen I probably use 60minutes of podcasts and music (often streamed).

makie

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I've got a nice day today

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-15-22-52-00.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-12-15-22-52-00.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 65

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site

Not bad, put it into UPSM one night, Greenified everything the other. Battery percentage only dropped 2% Greenifying, didn't drop at all in UPSM.

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
This thread is turning into a sickness with everyone trying to squeeze every last minute of battery and screen on time out of their device.
Just use your phone, people!
I can see for the people that are getting less than stellar battery life to post in and try to get feedback from others. But, to start neutering all of your services on your phone just to get a little more screen on time is just silly.
If you lose your power or charger and want your battery to last, put in ultra power saving mode. Otherwise, find the rogue apps causing the issues and just use your phone.
This has been an editorial. Carry on. 😉

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk