Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Was super excited, but....

Is anyone else's lagging... a LOT? Every app is lagging. Chrome, Facebook (+ Messenger), S Note, etc. All animations seem jittery.
Is there something I can do to solve this, or?

Have you reinstalling apps and syncing messages and media? It might be that initial set up and sync.
Mine did show some stuttering the first day when I was loading everything, but it's smooth as silk now.

Posted from my gorgeous, pristine white BEAST of a Note 4.

lyun17

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Just got mine. My T-Mobile store even threw in an s view case and a screen protector free. Great looking phone but will miss my gs4. Great memories with it this year.

Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 20141023_192107.jpg
    20141023_192107.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 85

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I got mine today that I pre ordered Sept 24th. It is the white one. I took it to the Verizon store to activate because I am scared of messing up my unlimited data plan (I upgraded a different line and switched to mine) and they were all loving my phone. They only got a few black ones in yesterday and have not seen the white one. Customers were even loving it. =) I love it. Still playing around with it though.

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I DON"T GOT MINE!! :< :< Instead what I got was a massive screwup from VZW. I called three times today to get a tracking number and got three different answers on what happened to my order. The first time they said it shipped. The 2nd time they said it shipped "to a local store" but they couldn't tell me which one. Then the last time they admitted they CANCELLED my order without my knowledge. So they restarted the order with a $35 "inconvenience" discount and a "jump the line" priority. But I still don't have any definite shipping date other than Oct 31 for my White Note 4 at full retail. Grrrrr. But at this point I'll just keep visiting my local Best Buy and see if I can buy one using the "Keep my Existing Plan"/swap in my old sim trick. Does anyone know if a VZW sim from an Iphone4S will fit a Note 4?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I DON"T GOT MINE!! :< :< Instead what I got was a massive screwup from VZW. I called three times today to get a tracking number and got three different answers on what happened to my order. The first time they said it shipped. The 2nd time they said it shipped "to a local store" but they couldn't tell me which one. Then the last time they admitted they CANCELLED my order without my knowledge. So they restarted the order with a $35 "inconvenience" discount and a "jump the line" priority. But I still don't have any definite shipping date other than Oct 31 for my White Note 4 at full retail. Grrrrr. But at this point I'll just keep visiting my local Best Buy and see if I can buy one using the "Keep my Existing Plan"/swap in my old sim trick. Does anyone know if a VZW sim from an Iphone4S will fit a Note 4?

The iPhone 4S uses a micro sim - same size as the Note 4

RolandStone

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that reply re the iPhone 4S micro sim. So is the "trick" to go buy a phone at Best Buy, tell them I want to "keep my existing plan" and then take it home and swap Sim Cards with the iPhone before activating? Is the trick verified to work (has anyone here tried it this week with a Note 4?) Does Best Buy even have Note 4's that you can just walk in and buy off the shelf or are they too popular to do that right now?

jackiespino

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Got mine on Tuesday and love it. I had the I, II, and III -- I think I'm liking the 4 the best since the 2.

Got the Galaxy Gear 2 yesterday -- I'm finding that a bit intimidating

My husband keeps asking me if I'm set for a year -- I haven't answered him yet, but I am liking my new toys! I mean, my essential tools.

Jacki

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
Just got mine. My T-Mobile store even threw in an s view case and a screen protector free. Great looking phone but will miss my gs4. Great memories with it this year.

Posted via Android Central App

Dope set up. I just got mine yesterday with the same case. I've never liked the s-view case but they gave it for free. I may try it out.

4of9

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
I received mine yesterday and took it to Verizon to activate and put on a tempered glass I purchased online. They had only received 1 tempered glass so it was no problem having them install it. I really like what I see so far. The phone is fantastic. Now to remember how to set everything up. It has been a couple of years since I had an android phone.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I received mine yesterday and took it to Verizon to activate and put on a tempered glass I purchased online. They had only received 1 tempered glass so it was no problem having them install it. I really like what I see so far. The phone is fantastic. Now to remember how to set everything up. It has been a couple of years since I had an android phone.

What did you use before it?

Sent from my 128 GB, Space Grey iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

4of9

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Long story, I had a note 2 for about a month. I did not like the camera (maybe I did not learn to use it properly) so I gave the note 2 to my sister and got an iphone 5. I discovered very quickly that I had made a mistake; but my sister loved the note 2; so I waited until my contract allowed me to switch to the note 4.
I think I have to take a look at the manual. I cannot remember where to set up apps to only use wifi not cellular, or to set up which apps to allow notifications. Love the phone so far, I did not even need to use my ipad air last night. The screen is great.

Dionna17

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Got mine yesterday. Met the FedEx guy in the parking lot. Couldn't wait for him to get off the truck! :) My wifi at home is not working well so I brought mine into work to get it activated over the phone and for work to get it connected to their network wifi. The IT guy (former neighbor) drooled over it! He played around with the pen and decided that he would get it over the 6+. He has the S4 currently, which is what I upgraded from. I want to play with it instead of working!

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
EVERYONE who sees my device goes NUTS or it.
Samsung's got a hit.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
EVERYONE who sees my device goes NUTS or it.
Samsung's got a hit.

People usually comment when they see me pull out the pen. That's when they realize what a serious device I have. Have you noticed though that it is slower than your iPhone 6?

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
People usually comment when they see me pull out the pen. That's when they realize what a serious device I have. Have you noticed though that it is slower than your iPhone 6?

Not necessarily slower but less fluid. I see occasional stuttering where I don't see it on the iPhone 6 at all.

The only place where I see a marked difference is in how it grabs a signal and how it holds on. The iPhone 6 handles that better.

That said, this is still an awesome phone and I'm extremely happy with it.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Not necessarily slower but less fluid. I see occasional stuttering where I don't see it on the iPhone 6 at all.

The only place where I see a marked difference is in how it grabs a signal and how it holds on. The iPhone 6 handles that better.

That said, this is still an awesome phone and I'm extremely happy with it.

I have been comparing the two in the last 24 hours and it has been interesting. These are two monster devices.

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I have been comparing the two in the last 24 hours and it has been interesting. These are two monster devices.

They are! You've got the Plus, I've only got the 6. But yeah, even the 6 is fantastic. I have to get used to the larger size so I can go Plus next year. 😆

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
They are! You've got the Plus, I've only got the 6. But yeah, even the 6 is fantastic. I have to get used to the larger size so I can go Plus next year.

The experiences are very different though. I can only keep one so I'm trying to figure out which one meets my needs best.

fonzman78

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I just jumped back to Android after being on Windows Phone for the last two years. I really like Windows phone and it was hard to switch. But the Note 4 will do everything I could on my HTC 8x. Prior to the 8x, I had the Galaxy Nexus.

Gotta admit that coming back to Android from Windows is hard. Personally, I prefer the Windows OS better. But, I can do so much more with the Note 4. The main selling point is the stylus. I have a Surface Pro 3 and I am addicted to using a stylus to take notes in meetings. With the Note 4, I can now take notes a lunch and have them sync with OneNote. I was really glad to see that Android has all the Windows apps I need to make the switch less painful - OneNote, OneDrive, MSOffice, etc.

So far, I really like the Note 4. Now I just gotta get used to Android again and I will be all set. One thing I haven't seen/found yet are the Widgets. On my Nexus, they were located with the Apps. But in Apps, I don't see widgets. I haven't looked too hard yet so I'm sure they're there somewhere.