Galaxy Note 4: I Got Mine !!

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
No Note 5 for me. Note 5 went backwards when they dropped the SD card slot and removable battery.
Plus there is NO improvement with the screen size and resolution. What is the point of Note 5???
I'll wait until 2016 and see what is out there... meanwhile, I'm very happy with my Note 4.
Mine is a one of a kind Note 4... won't see another like this one... custom paint!
http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/SamsungGalaxyNote4purple1-web.jpg

http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/SamsungGalaxyNote4purple2-web.jpg

http://1-4u-computer-graphics.com/SamsungGalaxyNote4purple-web.jpg

That looks amazing!!! The Note 4 is a way better deal

Sammuel1973

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Btw, for those who may still want to get a Note 4, ask for the SM-N910T3 variant if you are with TMobile. It's the latest one, I had the N910T during launch, this newer one seems faster, with the latest Android 5.1.1 out of the box.

Attachments

• 1441286893803.jpg
    1441286893803.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 58

Edge50

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
New Note 4 (tmo) here, comming from OnePlus one.
Mine came preloaded with kit Kat.

Question is should I update to lollipop 1st before logging into Google act and downloading apps? And to maximize performance if I should do a factory reset before or after above mentioned? Or is it even nessaasry to reset on a new phone?

Thanks

Gordon Roy

Jul 22, 2015
Visit site
Have a look on you tube searching this header:*NEW* 100+ Reasons To STILL Buy The Galaxy Note 4! (Tips, Tricks, and Hidden Features)
https://youtu.be/2T1r0tDB9zY
This should help , its an amazing phone

Last edited:

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Re: Traded my S5 for a Note 4 last week!

Congrats! Enjoy!

Got mine on the 18th. Loving it, with a few minor annoyances that be overcome over time (think root). Still in testing phase so I'm just dealing with the ads and the extSD limitations until then. Rockin' Apex Launcher Pro, carried over from Note 3, and everything is smooth and fast. Another Beast of a device from Samsung. Everyone was right, IMO, when they said the N4 was the best one yet. Very happy here. :D

No IR blaster is no biggy since I never used it.
Note 4 has an IR Blaster, on the top right.

Sent from my GALAXY Note 4 via Tapatalk

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
New Note 4 (tmo) here, comming from OnePlus one.
Mine came preloaded with kit Kat.

Question is should I update to lollipop 1st before logging into Google act and downloading apps? And to maximize performance if I should do a factory reset before or after above mentioned? Or is it even nessaasry to reset on a new phone?

Thanks
I'd say go ahead and update if you can update to 5.1.1 :)

Bgp5891

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I got mine from EE (UK), a refurbished good-as-new unit. A very good phone overall and certainly an upgrade from my Windows HTC 8X.

But I'm 'slightly' disappointed with the camera I have to say. Low light pictures can have a substantial amount of noise/blurring at times, video also seems rather choppy whether filming in 4k 1080p or even 1080p 60 fps.

Battery life seems reasonable, gonna have to get a secondary though.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tsepz_GP

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
I got mine from EE (UK), a refurbished good-as-new unit. A very good phone overall and certainly an upgrade from my Windows HTC 8X.

But I'm 'slightly' disappointed with the camera I have to say. Low light pictures can have a substantial amount of noise/blurring at times, video also seems rather choppy whether filming in 4k 1080p or even 1080p 60 fps.

Battery life seems reasonable, gonna have to get a secondary though.

What Android version is it on? And for battery life, go to Settings -Power Saving -Restrict Performance and tick CPU only. It barely affects the overall performance of the phone.

Update to 5.1.1 if available for your network.

Bgp5891

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
What Android version is it on? And for battery life, go to Settings -Power Saving -Restrict Performance and tick CPU only. It barely affects the overall performance of the phone.

Update to 5.1.1 if available for your network.

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.
I'm on 5.0.1 right now. Don't know when/if I'll get the upgrade but I'm not desperate for it so no biggie.

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip, I'll try it out.
I'm on 5.0.1 right now. Don't know when/if I'll get the upgrade but I'm not desperate for it so no biggie.

Move to 5.1.1 the improvement is massive. You will feel like you are using a different, better phone.

Juan Savage

Oct 30, 2013
Visit site
I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I originally got a Droid Turbo, but traded it in for the Note 4. I love the phone.

1. It has every feature I want.
2. Samsung has a certain voodoo that they do to give the user a better experience, from the keyboard to little surprises.
3. Removable battery and SD card. This is bittersweet since this nice flexibility may be on the way out. I may keep my phone for longer because of this, like how people kept their old Lenovos because of the keyboard.
4. The size is sometimes an impediment.
5. My wife has the same phone in white. I took the manly black while she got the white. We match telephonically, which is the basis of any good marriage.
6. There are annoyances like the bluetooth popup and volume warning.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

anon(631531)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I've read about a problem with the Note 5's s-pen, but don't know how wide spread it is. Has anyone developed a problem with their s-pen breaking? I don't know the difference between the s-pens in Note 5 or Note 4, but it's been said that the Note 5's pen is very cheaply made, and mostly plastic. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.:p