Note 4 Slight screen color variances

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I've compared 4 other Note 4s with mine, and they all have this color variation. One side of the screen has a very slight color difference. It's like going from bright white to off white. It's most noticeable on white/gray backgrounds. When reading a sentence, I can really notice the color change between sides. Being that I've seen it on 5 of them, I'm trying to just ignore it.. Anyone else getting bothered by this? If you can't see it in yours, open an app such as Tapatalk or Facebook and look back and forth between the left side and right side. Or possibly from top to bottom. The color seems to change in some direction on all of them.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Slight screen color variances

Even my status bar is jet black on the left side and a lighter black on the right side.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
After using my phone more, I've come to the conclusion that it is defective. The yellowish side of the screen adjusts its color more often and differently than the other side. The S Pen doesn't always register correctly on that side. I have a replacement on the way that will arrive Tuesday. The excitement starts all over again! I also switched to white. After seeing the black and white next to each other, the white definitely looks nicer [to me].

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

nugj

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
That was pretty quick work to get one coming your way that fast. Is it going to a corporate store or something where you are going to make the switch or are they sending you return packaging and doing the switch that way?

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
That was pretty quick work to get one coming your way that fast. Is it going to a corporate store or something where you are going to make the switch or are they sending you return packaging and doing the switch that way?

It would have been here the next day if it wasn't a weekend. They are sending it directly to me with a prepaid shipping label to send back the defective one. They just placed a new order as if I was buying another phone, then will cancel my current EIP and refund the taxes once they receive the defective phone.

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
So I got my replacement today, and the color variance is way worse. Look at the different shades of gray on each side.. it's way worse in person, as it looks like the top half of the screen has a pink hue.. which makes every color look different from the bottom half. uploadfromtaptalk1414026068244.jpg

itsnotmeitsyou

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My replacement showed up today instead of last Friday, but I finally got one that looks great! The colors are uniform across the entire screen. It was a hassle, but it was worth it to have a screen that doesn't drive me nuts.

Fabian Moreno

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem with my original white note 4 Pre-Order. I received a replacement soon after but exchanged it for a black Note 4 in-store and ended up having the same issue. Ugh! I have to wait until next week to get another one. Third time's a charm I guess.

marcindpol

Dec 16, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem on the bottom of the screen the whites are yellowish and greys are brighter. You can only see it when those colours are dominant on the screen, everything else looks just fine. I don't care about it by the way.

Posted via the Android Central App

mikk76

Feb 5, 2015
Visit site
So I got my replacement today, and the color variance is way worse. Look at the different shades of gray on each side.. it's way worse in person, as it looks like the top half of the screen has a pink hue.. which makes every color look different from the bottom half. View attachment 142768

Hi,
this can happen, unfortunately.

The problem of the unven tint is still going on since the times of note 2.

I've tsted my display in many different condition and it seems to have an uniform tint, but a second device i own (note 4 made in vietnam, once again) has got this problem. The 3rd bottom portion changes the colour to a pinky tint.

You can notice it simply open the keyboard in landscape mode.

Can i ask you which webpage are you testing in the pic you posted? It's an interesting test to do with that sides band.

Generally speaking i'm a bit disappointed with the note 4 whites level.
It has been improved from the note 3, but it's still pretty yellowish in my opionion.

I've tested 6 devices so far, so i'm pretty sure that the "warm color" is a peculiarity of the sammy amoled displays.
Someone loves that kind of tint, personally i love the ice-white screen.

I've found that kinda displays only in iphone 6plus and (!!) one+one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38