I know I love my Note 4 because...

ausrere

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Any idea how to turn off the "click to configure custom settings" notification for the My Places widget? It keeps appearing on the notification bar every few minutes. I've already set up custom settings and I'm getting kind of tired of clearing that notification. There doesn't seem to be a setting to turn off the notifications. Otherwise I love the widget.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Any idea how to turn off the "click to configure custom settings" notification for the My Places widget? It keeps appearing on the notification bar every few minutes. I've already set up custom settings and I'm getting kind of tired of clearing that notification. There doesn't seem to be a setting to turn off the notifications. Otherwise I love the widget.
I don't think that you can. I haven't seen an option to do this. But mine doesn't come on every few minutes though. Once I'm at one of "My Places" it locks in and I don't get another notification until I actually leave to go somewhere else.

Scribbled from the mighty pen of my Galaxy Note 4!

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I have not picked up my iPad Air once since getting my Note 4 in the mail midday Friday. My iPad Air has been my go to device for about a year. I preferred it to my iPhone 5S. But it has been neglected recently. This Note 4 is a showstopper.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!
I'm an avid iPad Air user...
Well at least I thought I was...
Weird but yes when I had the Apple iPhone 5S the iPad Air was used more around the house...
I still need the iPad I use it for work I'm a DJ

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm an avid iPad Air user...
Well at least I thought I was...
Weird but yes when I had the Apple iPhone 5S the iPad Air was used more around the house...
I still need the iPad I use it for work I'm a DJ
I would like to say, I think the iPad Air and the iPad 2 that's succeeding it are probably the most underrated devices in tech. There is a lot of emphasis on smartphones, most notably the iPhone, but the iPad was always my go to device. It just seemed to be more capable of doing the things that I wanted/needed it to do. If I would have gotten the iPad Air 2 with LTE, I wouldn't have gotten the iPhone 6 Plus or the Note 4. Not saying it is better than my Note, but I wouldn't have gotten it for sure.

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I would like to say, I think the iPad Air and the iPad 2 that's succeeding it are probably the most underrated devices in tech. There is a lot of emphasis on smartphones, most notably the iPhone, but the iPad was always my go to device. It just seemed to be more capable of doing the things that I wanted/needed it to do. If I would have gotten the iPad Air 2 with LTE, I wouldn't have gotten the iPhone 6 Plus or the Note 4. Not saying it is better than my Note, but I wouldn't have gotten it for sure.

I have the iPad Air 128 lte
I can't make calls with it if I could funny as it sounds I probably would give up all smartphones and be more productive only using an iPad I would also probably stick it somewhere in the cat where it would be unseen still make calls via cat Bluetooth or the iWatch and realistically leave it there no matter where I would go or do I'm thinking of getting the s gear watch and I can bet my phone will be staying in my pocket almost all day or in the car

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
I know the iPad can make and receive phone calls with an iPhone around but if it functioned like an gigantic iPhone I would be on heaven

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I know the iPad can make and receive phone calls with an iPhone around but if it functioned like an gigantic iPhone I would be on heaven
Technically, if you have LTE and a Google Voice number you can make phone calls with it through the Hangouts app.

ausrere

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't think that you can. I haven't seen an option to do this. But mine doesn't come on every few minutes though. Once I'm at one of "My Places" it locks in and I don't get another notification until I actually leave to go somewhere else.

Mine does it every few minutes. It's annoying enough that I finally turned off the custom settings and started using AutomateIt to change settings based on location. I like the My Places widget for changing available app icons based on where I'm at, but I'll wait until they fix that annoying notification before I go back to using it for custom settings.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The screen. My laptop is a few years old and the screen on Note 4 is So amazing, I just can't look at the laptop now. Lol

Posted via the Android Central App

DMarie04

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
I have not picked up my iPad Air once since getting my Note 4 in the mail midday Friday. My iPad Air has been my go to device for about a year. I preferred it to my iPhone 5S. But it has been neglected recently. This Note 4 is a showstopper.

Written from the mighty pen of my Samsung Galaxy Note 4!

I'm with you doc!!! I've got a Galaxy Note 2014 Ed tablet & although it's got the s pen & multi window, it's still NOT my Note 4!! I literally haven't been able to put this dam thing down since I received it...but, that's a good thing, right???
Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm with you doc!!! I've got a Galaxy Note 2014 Ed tablet & although it's got the s pen & multi window, it's still NOT my Note 4!! I literally haven't been able to put this dam thing down since I received it...but, that's a good thing, right???
Posted From MY Next Big Thing!!

That is a good thing! I like the fact that I have an all-in-one device. It's awesome to have all of my content and to have such capabilities with me all the time.

Note in my house!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Just learned how to write in cursive using the S-pen. I was having issues with words that had t's in them. Got it figured out now. Very happy because it is easier and faster writing in cursive.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
Because I don't use my tablet anymore. I barely use my computer unless I need a bigger screen and full keyboard. And I no longer cary anything to a meeting except for copies for others and my Note 4.

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Can you believe I'm still excited about this device? Usually, the new phone smell wears off by now, and I'm looking at what's coming up. But, I'm still interested in learning new features on this device and how to integrate them into my daily routine. Just really happy that I have been able to settle on a smartphone. I was starting to worry about myself because I have been through so many smartphones over the years.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

anon(9144744)

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
That's me in a nutshell. My husband thought I was nuts. I kept trading one phone for another on Craigslist and selling phones and buying phones off eBay and upgrading... I currently have the Note 3 and love it. Once you go Phablet you can't go back. I live vicariously through you new Note 4 owners. Cant wait to get one or the Note 5. But this is the first phone I've had that I've been completely satisfied with. I think it's Note series for life for me!

Sent From A Galaxy Note 3 Far Far Away

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana