Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Already scratched the metal...

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
To say I am disappointed with them(Samsung) using metal is an understatement. Already scratched the bottom of my phone slightly and never had anything in my pocket other then my phone and it wasn't even a tight pocket

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: Already scratched the metal...

Sorry to hear it . Can you post pictures?Perhaps there was some sand in your pocket?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Sorry to hear it . Can you post pictures?Perhaps there was some sand in your pocket?

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus
It'd the metal band near the USB port. Can't really see it unless I stare at it and it's pretty minor... Just disappointed it took so fast to do it

Also I don't have sand in my pockets since I hate beaches and will. Never go to one lol (well not never)

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

It'd the metal band near the USB port. Can't really see it unless I stare at it and it's pretty minor... Just disappointed it took so fast to do it

Also I don't have sand in my pockets since I hate beaches and will. Never go to one lol (well not never)

Perhaps you scratched it while plugging it in. Maybe you missed the hole

joewoo

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site

You're disappointed that samsung used metal.... but you knew that before buying the phone and bought it anyway... and now you're complaining about the metal....

That's like me picking up a pizza with olives... then eating it... then complaining that they shouldn't have used olives....

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

The metal didn't scratch on its own. I say this not as a Samsung defender, but as a practical person:

You clearly are at fault for the scratch. Whether or not you are aware of what exactly caused it, you are responsible for it.

One commenter mentioned sand could be the culprit. You don't have to go to a beach to get sand or grains of dirt/rock or any other abrasive in your pockets.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

The metal didn't scratch on its own. I say this not as a Samsung defender, but as a practical person:

You clearly are at fault for the scratch. Whether or not you are aware of what exactly caused it, you are responsible for it.

One commenter mentioned sand could be the culprit. You don't have to go to a beach to get sand or grains of dirt/rock or any other abrasive in your pockets.
I know nothing is in my pockets....

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

You're disappointed that samsung used metal.... but you knew that before buying the phone and bought it anyway... and now you're complaining about the metal....

That's like me picking up a pizza with olives... then eating it... then complaining that they shouldn't have used olives....
Because I like the phone other then the metal and isn't exactly a reason why I wouldn't buy the phone. Metal is prone to scratching and I just don't like the feel as much as the fake chrome on the note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Naked and no scratches here. Phone is flawless so far :). I baby it for sure.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Naked and no scratches here. Phone is flawless so far :). I baby it for sure.
I do as well which is why I don't know why it has these scratches. It's small on the metal part which I guess could of happened in shipping since I think t-mobile packaging is bad and anything could of happened. Also had bad luck with companies shipping electronics to me that has a screen lol. The note 10.1 2014 edition had issues

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I do as well which is why I don't know why it has these scratches. It's small on the metal part which I guess could of happened in shipping since I think t-mobile packaging is bad and anything could of happened. Also had bad luck with companies shipping electronics to me that has a screen lol. The note 10.1 2014 edition had issues

My packaging wasn't bad. Standard Shipping package.. Box taped so it couldn't move. No complains from me :).

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Mine was in a bubble wrap baggy...

Likewise. That's standard packaging from most places. Only amazon adds an extra bubble thing to protect from what I've seen.

Box was all sealed so the phone couldn't fumble around in the box.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Likewise. That's standard packaging from most places. Only amazon adds an extra bubble thing to protect from what I've seen.

Box was all sealed so the phone couldn't fumble around in the box.
Still it wasn't a box and there was enough space for it to move around a bit. Not enough for it fly around but a bit where it could move a bit

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Sorry man, but almost everything i've read from you about this phone has been complaints. Now i'm all for being objective, and I get that you want the Nexus 6 REALLY bad. But you wanted to switch this out for the Nexus 6 the second it was announced. Now you're saying the phone scratched itself for no reason whatsoever. If you create a thread like this and say what probably happened (and it makes some sense) then it can help others avoid the same issue. But to just create these threads with complaints just because this phone is not a Nexus 6 seems kinda messed up to me. Not trying to be a jerk by any means, just trying to figure out the point of all these negative complaints.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Still it wasn't a box and there was enough space for it to move around a bit. Not enough for it fly around but a bit where it could move a bit

Yeah that shouldn't mess with it much at all. What really could mess with it is your delivery driver... Depends on how much it was man handled :D.

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

Sorry man, but almost everything i've read from you about this phone has been complaints. Now i'm all for being objective, and I get that you want the Nexus 6 REALLY bad. But you wanted to switch this out for the Nexus 6 the second it was announced. Now you're saying the phone scratched itself for no reason whatsoever. If you create a thread like this and say what probably happened (and it makes some sense) then it can help others avoid the same issue. But to just create these threads with complaints just because this phone is not a Nexus 6 seems kinda messed up to me. Not trying to be a jerk by any means, just trying to figure out the point of all these negative complaints.
Because I bought it and have the right to complain? I don't like metal and half the reason why I haven't considered the m7 or m8 at all. I just happened to notice this scratch and more of nitpicking more and Complaining at this point. I am just thinking if it can get scratched this easily I wonder how bad 12 months from now. I am assuming this scratch was done by delivery and since I wasn't home I have no idea which guy delivered it. One of them could of man handled it