Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Any trouble trading in old phone at Bestbuy?

mitchberg

Oct 20, 2014
Visit site
Hello

Have an s3 with no cracked screen, works fine,etc but the watermark behind battery is red. Never dropped in water. I have preorder in just was wondering if they will haggle about this.

Thanks

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Re: Any trouble trading in old phone at Bestbuy?

Mist of the time they won't open it just have your Sim in hand also make small talk and keep them laughing find a young kid that's been working there a while and keep telling them you want to buy the BB warranty and buy it the monthly is $13 you can go in the next day and cancel it

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

Hello

Have an s3 with no cracked screen, works fine,etc but the watermark behind battery is red. Never dropped in water. I have preorder in just was wondering if they will haggle about this.

Thanks

No trouble at all. I traded a Droid X2 with no problems. All they did was turn it off and on. Done.

From my smokin' hot N4

shb

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site

I even used an old Nokia E71.. with 0 value and worked ok..

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I believe every persons experience is different because BB does not have a clue what they are doing.. At least they didn't.. I would hope they know by now but on friday I get screwed out of my Note 4.. I had a blackberry to trade in and was one of the first people in the door at 10 am to pick this beauty up.. had it activated and already was starting to set it up when they asked for the trade in and after running around a bit and bringing over a couple of managers they told me that since my blackberry is worth $0.00 that they can't accept it.. They told me it had to be at least $0.01 (1 cent) to be qualified for the $200.. I told them that i talked to 2 other representatives and a samsung guy before I even preordered the device to make sure this was indeed ok and they all told me it would be fine. Got no where and they had to return the device and I wasn't buying it unless I got the $200.. I had an iphone 4 to trade in in case the blackberry wasn't going to work earlier in the week but I sold it once they told me the blackberry would work.. So I called BB customer service and was hootin and hollerin and they called the store and talked to a manager (this manager wasn't in the store when I was there yet) and then let me talk to a manager and he apologized and told me that the other employees didn't realize that you could skip that section and the next section would indeed let you trade it in.. So I was ready to go back in and buy it when he told me that they had to return the device after it was activated so now I can't buy that device and it had to be sent out. So they didn't have any other black Note 4's for AT&T so I had to order it again and have to wait to get it in which who knows when that will be.. I was bent but oh well.. Hopefully sometime this week it will be in.. That is my story.. If they tell you they can't take a phone that is $0.00.. they are wrong.. now if the phone is damaged or has water damage of some sort then idk what they will do.. probably not accept it.. good luck.. hope this helps other people..

ps.. sorry for the length

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

No trouble at all. I traded a Droid X2 with no problems. All they did was turn it off and on. Done.

From my smokin' hot N4

Hey Miss Reesh... How did you get that extra $50 promotion.. did you just tell them that you were indeed a BB member or whatever and they honored it? I have a picture that was floating around these forums to show them but worried they won't take it.. any suggestions? I couldn't actually find the promotion on the BB website.. thanks for your help..

GoProDavidLe

Aug 20, 2014
Visit site

Everyones experience of a trade in will be different like another member mentioned. Since your phones water damage icon is marked red, and they see it, they will not accept it. Even if you tell them that it's never been watered damaged. That is sign sort of sign that some moisture has gotten into the phone or just touched the water damaged icon.

Nitro211K

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site

Hey Miss Reesh... How did you get that extra $50 promotion.. did you just tell them that you were indeed a BB member or whatever and they honored it? I have a picture that was floating around these forums to show them but worried they won't take it.. any suggestions? I couldn't actually find the promotion on the BB website.. thanks for your help..

you will get the $200 off if your smart phone is in the BB system (even if the trade value is $0), however to get the additional $50 for being a rewards member the phone being traded will have to be worth more than $0 in the system.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

Both myself and the guy next to me at BB was doing this trade in deal, and both our phones showed as being worth 0.00. They asked the manager and he said they just needed to click something on the screen to bypass it, no big deal. As far as the water damage goes, I doubt they'll even check. They didn't check with mine or the other guys'.

little09

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site

Went to sprint store, sold out the galaxy note 4 both color option as well.
I assume everybody like that ****s

Posted via LG G3 Sprint

theoretically

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site

you will get the $200 off if your smart phone is in the BB system (even if the trade value is $0), however to get the additional $50 for being a rewards member the phone being traded will have to be worth more than $0 in the system.
I believe the additional $50 for being a rewards member promo has expired. It was listed in the ad valid until 10/18/14. I checked this weeks ad and the offer is no longer there

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I basically just showed them the screen shots I had of the promo. Others claim it said it couldn't be combined but I didn't read that anywhere. They didn't fight with me at all. I walked out only paid $19.62 on contract. My plan was to pay ETF and keep my service but apparently I can't do that. So my 6 year old has a cheapy phone on one line and I have this beast on another!

From my smokin' hot N4

canonBoy

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

I believe every persons experience is different because BB does not have a clue what they are doing.. At least they didn't.. I would hope they know by now but on friday I get screwed out of my Note 4.. I had a blackberry to trade in and was one of the first people in the door at 10 am to pick this beauty up.. had it activated and already was starting to set it up when they asked for the trade in and after running around a bit and bringing over a couple of managers they told me that since my blackberry is worth $0.00 that they can't accept it.. They told me it had to be at least $0.01 (1 cent) to be qualified for the $200.. I told them that i talked to 2 other representatives and a samsung guy before I even preordered the device to make sure this was indeed ok and they all told me it would be fine. Got no where and they had to return the device and I wasn't buying it unless I got the $200.. I had an iphone 4 to trade in in case the blackberry wasn't going to work earlier in the week but I sold it once they told me the blackberry would work.. So I called BB customer service and was hootin and hollerin and they called the store and talked to a manager (this manager wasn't in the store when I was there yet) and then let me talk to a manager and he apologized and told me that the other employees didn't realize that you could skip that section and the next section would indeed let you trade it in.. So I was ready to go back in and buy it when he told me that they had to return the device after it was activated so now I can't buy that device and it had to be sent out. So they didn't have any other black Note 4's for AT&T so I had to order it again and have to wait to get it in which who knows when that will be.. I was bent but oh well.. Hopefully sometime this week it will be in.. That is my story.. If they tell you they can't take a phone that is $0.00.. they are wrong.. now if the phone is damaged or has water damage of some sort then idk what they will do.. probably not accept it.. good luck.. hope this helps other people..

ps.. sorry for the length

What blackberry phone did you try to trade? I'm hoping to trade an old Bold 9930 Verizon phone. Best buy trade in value is $24.00 today...

vader4633

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site

Traded in my old Sprint Epic 4g with no problems.

Posted via the Android Central App

bellamyepl

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site

I guess I will give it a whirl. No harm in trying. Also, why couldn't you cancel your contract and pay the etf? I was going to do the same thing. Cheaper than buying off contract. Might have to rethink it otherwise. Did you try and call AT&T customer care and canceling?

scfoster

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site

The iphone I traded for the $200 discount (purchased off-contract) was the original iphone I picked up the day it was first release...yes that old. It was working but had numerous deep scratches in the screen. Not cracks but scratches. The back was pretty bad as well. It had been in the junk drawer for a couple of years with spare keys rubbing on it all that time.

They took it without a issue. Just checked to make sure it was working. No problems.

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site

I guess I will give it a whirl. No harm in trying. Also, why couldn't you cancel your contract and pay the etf? I was going to do the same thing. Cheaper than buying off contract. Might have to rethink it otherwise. Did you try and call AT&T customer care and canceling?

Because they claim the line will be cancelled. How stupid when both a store and customer service said I could.

From my smokin' hot N4

jennifer

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
bb wouldn't let my husband trade in his working and undamaged evo 4g because the liquid damage sticker was partially red and it's never been submerged in water. in fact, it's been the same color since he first got it which is weird so he ended up trading his s3 instead, which he wanted to keep as a backup. by this point i've completely lost faith in bb.

his n4 came in but mine hasn't yet so in the meantime i'm trying to convince myself that i should enjoy these last few days with my s3 that's served me well (mostly) these past couple of years. yeah right.

Posted via my old *** Galaxy S3

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall