Att unlocked Note 10+ has trouble working on MetroPCS.

ObeseWanKenobi

Aug 2, 2020
Visit site
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please help.

I recently purchased a new Note 10+ from ATT, New in the box. I unlocked it no issues and installed a new sim from Metro (paid the fee).

Now, when the phone starts, it has ATT logo and I am able to make calls and use data. But people can't reach me by phone or text. Here are the issues I am having:

1: I only get 1 out of every 5 calls. All others go straight to voice mail with zero notifications. I have no clue to check VM. People contact me IG and data works fine, no issues.

2: Texts don't send right away. I get some error message (very fast, can't read or snapshot it). I got a strong wifi connection and it won't go thru. I got in a lott of trouble, texts go out at 5am saying call me ASAP. and people think something is wrong.

3: Sometimes it takes 2 minutes or more for the phone call to go thru. I'll wait and wait and ...... nothing. Then after a few tries it works.

4: I switched everything over to Metro (signals, etc.)

This past weekend was very hectic. I didn't realize how important reliable service is. I plugged in a $40 piece of cap until I/we can figure this out.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

PS please respond like I am a 5 year old. I am 50 and I am ashamed because I don't know what some initials or stuff means. Your time is appreciated. I saved for 9 months to buy this phone and I am in love, can't wait for it to be my daily driver.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi, welcome !

Congrats on the phone!

I would call Metro PCS to co figure your device to sim and make sure nothing further they have to do, Metro sometimes needs to do this on certain phones.

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Check APN settings with Metro
.I had Metro for years and used an unlocked ATT phone and always had to check apn

ObeseWanKenobi

Aug 2, 2020
Visit site
I paid 25 to swap Sims and.... they did nothing. I called and get a credit on my bill and then did some minor settings with them on phone. I am thinking of giving g to a phone store and flashing metro or TMob firmware.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I paid 25 to swap Sims and.... they did nothing. I called and get a credit on my bill and then did some minor settings with them on phone. I am thinking of giving g to a phone store and flashing metro or TMob firmware.
Should go corporate metro pcs store, but u can flash and I can help

KupKrazy

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Once you unlocked it and put in another carrier's SIM, I was under the impression that it'll request you to reboot where it would then download all the necessary settings and flash the firmware and then upon start up, you'll no longer see the ATT logo, but rather thr new carrier logo. That's what happened when I put in a TMobile or Verizon SIM in my ATT Note 10+ after I unlocked it. You said you still see the ATT logo makes me think something is awry. Unless it only changes for the major carriers and not sub carriers. Did ATT provide you with the unlock code too?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali