How is Screen time on the Note 4?

migespy

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
3.75 - 4.25 hours. My Android System is just under or equal to percentage of battery drain as my screen. Is that wrong? I feel like it shouldn't be that high.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't seem any better than my S5. I can do 5 hours easily.
Did you guys disable/turn off bloats? I turned off ton of carrier and samsung bloats including s-voice and samsung link platform.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I used it in the same way I used my Note 3, and while I'm still getting around 4 or 5 hours of screen-on time, yesterday I unplugged at 6AM and by midnight, the phone still had 52% battery left. My Note 3 would need a re-fill at least on my way home from work.
All radios on... ALL OF THEM, even GPS. Moto360 constantly connected, Spotify use for about 3 or 4 hours, streaming to the car on the ride from and to work. Quite happy, actually.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Hmm, that doesn't seem any better than my S5. I can do 5 hours easily.
Did you guys disable/turn off bloats? I turned off ton of carrier and samsung bloats including s-voice and samsung link platform.

I can't turn off S-Link because I have a lot of Sammy stuff at home, and they need that to play nice with each other :)

g8orballboy

Sep 30, 2014
Visit site
I get between 4.5 - 5.5 for the most part... still waiting on the battery update (come on AT&T). I did get over 6 yesterday (wish i had taken a screenshot). I hope that's a trend not a fluke. I have my screen brightness set to auto, so a lot of it may have to do with the brightness of the environment you're using your phone in.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I think that if you use the phone continuously it'll get better screen-on time, like watching a movie or playing a non-CPU-intensive game or something like that.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I am getting roughly 6hrs on mine. Gmail synced and have another email fetching every 15 min. Mostly texting, emails, Web browsing and some social apps.

RealPazman

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be doing better than most. I'm getting 5.5 to 7 hours screen time with 18 to 22 hours all together. I'm running with location ON & I watch a lot of YouTube. I have my screen brightness about 50% & it seems to make a difference compared to My usage breakdown was showing screen using 44-46% of my power with brightness at 80%. Now it's 31-33%.

sstephen17

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
On a normal workday, I finish with approximately 40% battery and 2 hours of screen time. However, one of my biggest battery users is Beyond Podcast, an app that I use to listen to podcasts frequently (1.5 hours) each day.

yeatzee

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I seem to be doing better than most. I'm getting 5.5 to 7 hours screen time with 18 to 22 hours all together. I'm running with location ON & I watch a lot of YouTube. I have my screen brightness about 50% & it seems to make a difference compared to My usage breakdown was showing screen using 44-46% of my power with brightness at 80%. Now it's 31-33%.

I want proof of multiple 7 hours of SOT examples.. I got 7 hours and like 38 seconds one time but that was with 6% left on the battery and it's only happened once. Certainly not something I'd throw in as an average range.

for me I average around 4.5 - 5.5, occasionally 6 or just a bit above if I use all the battery. I generally charge around 20% left

RealPazman

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
I said 5-5 to 7 but yes when it's getting 7 it's usually down to 5% battery. Last night I checked it & I was at 7h:29m with 1% battery. However today I'm only at 6hrs & only 12% right now.

RealPazman

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
The 5.5 to 7 depends on what I'm doing as well. Taking pictures seems to be one of the worst battery drain.

I'm noticing more fluctuations lately. Yesterday I only got 5.5 hours with 16 hours total. However I had a problem with my service provider & to reboot my phone 6-8 times & remove the battery.

My best screen-on time was 7:44 minutes with just over 14 hours total. My best overall conditions were on Dec 20th. I got 6.5 hours screen-on time with an amazing 26 hours & 48 minutes overall. The next day I topped 18 hours with 7 hours screen time.

The bottom line is I get a good 6 hours of screen-on time no matter how I use the phone. Right now I'm just over 5 hours screen / 16.5 & I have 20% battery remaining.

Last edited:

Ticojpunk

Recordist
Jun 6, 2011
Visit site
Today I took my phone off charger at 7:30AM. It's now 10:00PM and I just hit 15% battery. I'm currently at 5 and a half hours screen on time. Little bit of gaming, a good hour of GPS navigation. GPS radio always on, a mix of WiFi and 4G throughout the day. Auto brightness. Lots of email and texting, a bit of Web browsing and downloading apps. I could probably get another hour of Web browsing and email in.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana