Camera vs iPhone 6 Plus

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Is the camera close to the new iPhones in regular light and low light photos? I have been checking all the reviews some think it is the same or better, others say that the Note 4 is worse in those conditions. I have a 6 Plus now....but am missing Android....but I do LOVE the Plus camera. I do not want to lose any camera quality (regular and low light) if I make the switch back.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I am in the same boat.I have my iphone now and should have my note soon and will try to let you know when I get it.

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus

winpeguy

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Low light on the iPhone is better, resolution is worse. This is due to the pixel size on both

Sent from my Samsung Note 4 using Tapatalk

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Note 4's is better to me.

Even the PhoneArena blind test had the Note 4 win, with over 40% votes.

Posted via the Android Central App

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Note 4's is better to me.

Even the PhoneArena blind test had the Note 4 win, with over 40% votes.

True but that somewhat biased test was ALL great lighting.....I know that type of lighting is the Note 4 strength....I am waiting for the same test with mixed lighting conditions.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
True but that somewhat biased test was ALL great lighting.....I know that type of lighting is the Note 4 strength....I am waiting for the same test with mixed lighting conditions.

Same here . low light was a note 3 weak point along with indoors or lower light motion shots.

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Same here . low light was a note 3 weak point along with indoors or lower light motion shots.

Note 3 was TERRIBLE in low light and just normal inside light... agreed!! Note 4 does seem better...just that the 6 Plus is actually GOOD in low light...I am conflicted!

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Let me give you guys a Note 4 pic I took at night, it's not all low light but it blew away my N2, and all of my friends iphone 5's and 6's.

Taken at Atlantic Avenue I'm Brooklyn.

Sorry none from other phones for comparison. My older brother has an iPhone6 so I'll try to do some comparison shots when I get time.

20141014_185158.jpg

Attachments

• 20141014_185158.jpg
    20141014_185158.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I prefer the note 4 photo quality over the iPhone but the faster shutter response of the iPhone is nice.

Posted on my Amazing Note 4!

Bobbman

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
Let me give you guys a Note 4 pic I took at night, it's not all low light but it blew away my N2, and all of my friends iphone 5's and 6's.

Sorry none from other phones for comparison. My older brother has an iPhone6 so I'll try to do some comparison shots when I get time.

View attachment 142413
Great pic! Thanks. Most phones in well lit night (like your shot) seem to do ok. It is when you get in a lowlight environment with no bright lights (indoor but not real bright light). The Note 3 really struggled with this (pics turned into paintings vs photos). The 6 Plus is really good in this type of lighting. Just hoping the Note 4 is at least close to the same.

DakotaBoy

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
It depends on what you're trying to take a photo of. I recently returned my iPhone 6 and picked up a note 4. The iPhone takes better photos of moving objects i.e. my kids. No android phone I've ever used has been as fast and consistently good as an iPhone (5s and above) at capturing moving objects. It's a bummer because I really do prefer android and this note 4 is a beast, it's awesome. The note 4 camera is better than any other android phone that I've used, I just wish it was a little faster.

lazerproof

Aug 4, 2014
Visit site
I am actually very satisfied with the low light capability of the N4. I haven't experienced the iPhone 6 plus personally but compared to the iPhone 5 I used to own, the N4 beats it in day and low light photography. I wish samsung. Would have made the aperture f/2.0 with a 4.8mm lens instead of f/2.2.

KingTongue

Oct 19, 2014
Visit site
All of that will change once andriod 5.0 is released for the note 4. We will have raw support of uncompressed images.

Posted via My Note 4

Closingracer

Banned
Apr 5, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 142413
I live right near there :p

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
So far I have been impressed with everything the Note 4 has to offer considering I have had nexus devices the last 3 years running. The note 4 camera exceeds my expectations and have even converted 2 iPhone friend enthusiasts over to android and the note 4 because of they were so impressed with the camera among other things the note offers over the other guys phablet

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non