Adaptive Charging

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I'm crazy for doing this but I'm not using the adaptive charger unless I really need a quick charge I feel in long run could lose cycles on my battery. I guess I could use same charger and turn it off because most of the time 2amp is enough for me. Anyone feel the same?

Shelacios

Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
At work, I'm using my old SIII charger (getting a new charger from Samsung), and at home I've turned off fast charging. I'll use the fast charging when I actually need it (low battery, leaving soon).

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I was wondering if I'm crazy for doing this but I'm not using the adaptive charger unless I really need a quick charge I feel in long run could lose cycles on my battery. I guess I could use same charger and turn it off because most of the time 2amp is enough for me. Anyone feel the same?

Nope! Fast charging all the time for me.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

soldier45

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Love the fast charging but not sure of the battery life over time from using it. Can just pick up a new battery for $30 if it starts to wear. Today seen the best battery life yet with my 4. After 9 hours of moderate/light use still have 71% left.

Kingb1186

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
After 11 hours of moderate use had 45%. This is best I have seen on a phone I had in awhile

Posted via the Android Central App

skippyg

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Your android system is fairly high. You may need to check your location settings. If possible switch to gps only mode and change your google location services to off. I was getting 4 hours of screen time before with that now im average 6 with it off. Of course you wont be able to take advantage of Google Nows location based services. Check your apps. You may have an app thats not running very well if its very old.

Posted via the Android Central App

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
I have location off. And WiFi when not using it and Bluetooth but seems crazy to have all these nice features and I can't use it and still make it a day on my phone.

sigma24

Nov 14, 2014
Visit site
I think adaptive charging is most convenient way if you use Galaxy Note 4 continuously. I even tested that with adaptive charger that comes with Galaxy Note 4 delivers 3 Amp capacity and charge even less than 2 hours. IMG_3152.jpg

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I only charge my phone during the night so it's ready for the next day so I disabled the fast charging option as it doesn't seem like something I would need - however I did take a lot of pics last Saturday then was going out for drinks later that night so I chucked the fast charging on for a quick boost - best of both worlds really.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I think adaptive charging is most convenient way if you use Galaxy Note 4 continuously. I even tested that with adaptive charger that comes with Galaxy Note 4 delivers 3 Amp capacity and charge even less than 2 hours. View attachment 148010

Mine is not charging at 3 amps. Adaptive fast charging increases the voltage and not the amps. Look at the rating of your power adapter.

Here is a picture I took last night with the note4 while charging it. Very similar numbers to what I saw when it was off. This is an inline measuring device so you don't have to take AC/DC or local voltage into calculation.

ttnay8Pl.jpg