Visit site
I exchanged my note4 for a newer note4
The problem of the auto focus is loose camera
If you shake it itll focus much faster

With the new note4 they fixed that problem :D

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Follow up on mine, sent my phone in for camera module replacement and got it back last week. All is well with the camera now.

There's likely bad batches of camera modules out there.

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
i just got a new Note 4 from ATT unlocked, and saw this issue, cant believe i have a $700 phone and doesnt work fine. I spent a lot of time reading different comments and tried everything. At this time i just see 2 solutions: 1 - get the camera module and replace it by my self 2 - make the ro.ril.sensor.sleep.control=0 root mod but i dont have any idea of how to do it.

Does all the member who replace the camera fix the problem?. Dont want the replace a module and have the same issue after all.

Best Regards,

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i just got a new Note 4 from ATT unlocked, and saw this issue, cant believe i have a $700 phone and doesnt work fine. I spent a lot of time reading different comments and tried everything. At this time i just see 2 solutions: 1 - get the camera module and replace it by my self 2 - make the ro.ril.sensor.sleep.control=0 root mod but i dont have any idea of how to do it.

Does all the member who replace the camera fix the problem?. Dont want the replace a module and have the same issue after all.

Best Regards,
Before you decide to replace the module yourself be aware that the screen has to be separated from the motherboard to reconnect the ribbon cables of various components that need to be removed during the replacement process. If you're skilled in removing screens this can be a risk worth taking, if not then consider warranty replacement or taking it to a phone repair shop.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
thanks a lot for your advice, now i wonder if the module is the real problem, at least i tried everything and the only fix is to shake or hit the phone.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
thanks a lot for your advice, now i wonder if the module is the real problem, at least i tried everything and the only fix is to shake or hit the phone.

If when the issue is happening you're hearing a buzz/squeal sound from the camera then yes that's the optical image stabilizer having trouble stabilizing the lens. The module replacement will fix that.

I can tell you that prior to having mine replaced when I'd shake the device around there'd be a clicking sound from the camera as if the lens was rattling around inside. That sound is less pronounced now that the camera was repaired. Also when the issue was occuring (and the buzzing sound was heard) if I faced the camera straight up momentarily and brought it back to point horizontally it would often temporarily fix the issue. I found this to be much more effective than slapping the phone around.

There are obviously different issues for different people. I'm specifically speaking of the hardware issue where the OIS has issues and it makes noise and the camera cannot function properly when it occurs.

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
i dont hear any noise from the rear camera, but the focus do work when i shake or hit the phone. If i use another app and goes back to the camera it works just fine but after a few min. or maybe an hour or 2 it doesnt focus again.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
i dont hear any noise from the rear camera, but the focus do work when i shake or hit the phone. If i use another app and goes back to the camera it works just fine but after a few min. or maybe an hour or 2 it doesnt focus again.
May not be hardware then in your case. Especially if the focus issues never appear in other camera applications.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

f5air

Jul 27, 2015
Visit site
seems that facebook, etc has the same issue if i try to use the camera, no fast focus. At this point im sending my note 4 to samsung and replace under warranty. I think is the best option.

rchrisnm2010

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
I had issues with my new note 4 edge which I got about 3 months ago frm overseas. So I did not have the option of getting a new one....The camera literary took about 1- 2 minutes to get the focus right and sometimes more. I tried all methods like clearing cache, changing the settings, having just auto mode, HDR off..etc and non seems to work. Then finally, I just tapped the middle screen and yay... it worked. As soon as u switch on the camera on ur note 4 edge, trying tapping the middle of the screen couple of times and the focus comes almost instantly in seconds!

joostlobe

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Try tapping the phone couple of times after u on the camera... it focuses immediately...
No it does not... That is what I used to do with my Nexus all the time. On the Note 4 it does nothing. I've literally tried everything but i'm fed up with the camera and the Note 4.

Becky Babb

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Found this fix on another sight... so far so good.. i just marked all the modes.. keeping my fingers crossed

EDIT: It looks like it is also required to go under the Camera app "Mode"; select "Manage Modes"; and, only select "Virtual Tour". Not sure why, but that mode needs to be there; or, this fix wont work.

Becky Babb

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Try going to mode settings and making sure all are marked.. especially virtual mode. . I marked them all and after 4 weeks of problems it seems to be working. .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38