Galaxy Gear 2 Neo works w/Note 4

BasPilot

TheSickAndTwisted
Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Decided I wanted to grab a different smart watch than my Pebble. So, I went with the Galaxy Gear 2 Neo (black of course). I wasn't thinking at all about compatibility because it didn't make sense that the new Note 4 wouldn't work with one of Samsung's own devices. I was very curious when I didn't find the Gear Manager icon anywhere and I wasn't sure what exactly I was doing because the watch was only working in Korean.

In the end, I looked it up on Samsung.com and under compatible devices the Note 4 was not listed. I was completely shocked to see this. I paired it with my Note Pro 12.2 (yes, I'm a Samsung Fanboy, get over it - I love to draw with the stylus on a screen). It worked great, but it wasn't working with my phone. I figured out later how to get it to work with my phone by pure dumb luck. It's not put out there anywhere on the internet that I could find, so here's the steps:

Step one, go to bluetooth settings and scan for a device on your phone and make your watch discoverable.
Step two, select your watch on your phone

The phone will go and download the gear manager software by itself and do the rest. You don't need to do anything else to make it happen. I was completely shocked it was this easy, and it works perfectly.

honda-Dave

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
I linked my gear 1 with my note 4 and I don't know if they are compatible (I didn't check, I just did it ) and all of a sudden the screen went black on the gear and it will not come on or anything. Do you think the compatibility between the 2 fried the watch?

Posted via the Android Central App

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My Gear Manager app keeps crashing. I picked up my replacement Note 4 yesterday. Had to exchange my first one because of an issue with the front camera. On that one the Gear 2 worked fine. Now on my new N4 every time I go into settings on the Gear Manager the app crashes, popup says Gear Plugin has stopped. Didn't have that issue with my first N4 and can't figure out why it's happening now. I've uninstalled the app, cleared cache partition, reset the watch, paired and unpaired numerous times. The Gear 2 functions fine, I get my notifications and all but I just can't go into the settings through the Gear Manager app, it always crashes. Any ideas?

cbeattie411

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hmm do I dare try using my galaxy gear 1 with my note 4. Was just getting ready to try it. Don't want to ruin it though. Any other input?

Posted via the Android Central App

NEmickeyfan

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I have had the same problem since the last update. Emailed Samsung Tech support and they offered some suggestions (reinstall Gear manger, clear cashe, etc), but has not helped. Unless someone comes up with a fix, we will most likely have to wait for Samsung to send out a fix/update. Very frustrating!

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I have had the same problem since the last update. Emailed Samsung Tech support and they offered some suggestions (reinstall Gear manger, clear cashe, etc), but has not helped. Unless someone comes up with a fix, we will most likely have to wait for Samsung to send out a fix/update. Very frustrating!

Just got an update to the Gear Manager app (version 2.2.14100499), it fixes the issue and the app is working correctly now. :)

Khozib

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
when i receive calls on my note 4 the gear 2 neo watch is not ringing, yes i connected it and it shows that its connected i receive only notification of miss calls but i can receive live calls
please help what seems the problem?

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
There was only one Galaxy Gear, which was the original Samsung watch that came out in October 2013. None of the rest of Samsung's watches had the word "Galaxy" in their names.

Amigafan

May 9, 2015
Visit site
Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I recently upgraded to note 4 and was shocked when i first tried to use the Gear 2 previously used with my note 3.
I would never have thought of this method simply because thats not the route I took with the note 3.
Thank goodness its all working, if it hadn't I would be seriously thinking it was a mistake to "upgrade" to the note 4

GawainX

May 18, 2015
Visit site
I'm experiencing three annoying issues with my Gear 2 Neo and Note 4 (lollipop) and I'm wondering if anyone else with this pairing is experiencing similar issues.

These issues have persisted through a phone/gear restore, phone flash as well as Samsung support "attempting" to solve the issues.

Tasks created by S-Voice only go off on the phone itself, are silent without vibration and rather then going off once they repeat every few hours until i go into the Samsung calendar and delete them instead of going off once.

I cannot enable the "Auto-Lock" Feature. when I go through the process of enabling it the check box remains unchecked.

The sleep app randomly acts up. It will either suddenly stop blocking notifications, so I get awaken spam email at 2am, I have to exit the sleep ap and restart it for it to begin blocking again, at this point even though it may be at 3 hours and 20 minutes according to it's timer it will give me an error about the data being unable to save as it's under 20 minutes worth. It will also sometimes give the 20 minutes error even if the timer is 7+ hours and the app appears to be working right. The final issue is it will sporadically quite sometimes, leaving me once again getting awoken to notifications generated by spam email.

On a side note, I really, REALLY hope they bring some sort of Google Now support to these devices. I find S-Voice abysmal in comparison (even when it "catches" what I said.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez