Do you use s voice?

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Yes I use it, it works well with my BT headset and my Gear 2. I'm finding that it works much better than on my previous Samsung phones.

lv2bsilly

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the benefits of using S Voice vs Google? I feel like the do the same things so I ended up disabling S Voice.

respibob

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I use Google and not S voice. I'm not sure of the advantages but it seems to understand my speech better.

Posted via my awesome Note 4

Trinatek

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
There are a handful of people (including myself) who have a bug on their Google Now app. For some of us, when you say "Navigate home," instead of pulling up maps and giving you directions home, it's pulling up search results instead for "Navigate home," which annoyingly enough comes up with a number of hits on forum threads of other people experiencing this same issue haha. I hate this.

scribe4food

May 17, 2010
Visit site
S Voice seems to work better than Google Now with voice recognition, in my experience. It also open and play music better than the Google Now, in my experience.

Posted via the Android Central App

prakash99

Aug 15, 2010
Visit site
How do I get S-Voice to talk back to me? There used to be a button on the bottom left of the screen on Note 3 that could toggle talk-back on and off. I don't see it on Note 4.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
How do I get S-Voice to talk back to me? There used to be a button on the bottom left of the screen on Note 3 that could toggle talk-back on and off. I don't see it on Note 4.

Open S Voice, tap the three dot menu button, the top selection is Enable voice feedback. If it is already enabled the selection changes to Disable voice feedback.

emerrow

Nov 8, 2014
Visit site
I've been trying out google now and s-voice. So far I'm having more luck with S-voice. I've been told and have read that google now is supposed to be better but whenever I try the "ok google" voice activation, it works about 30-40% of the time. "Hi Galaxy" with S-voice works about 70-80% of the time.

I'm still trying to figure out how to get either to open a music player and play a certain artist or song that I have stored on my phone. No luck with that from either.

5uck3rpunch

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
You can disable it in the Developer options in the settings. I have left it on though.

I have discovered it does use up the battery even if you don't use it. So you could save some battery use by turning it off.

I checked the Developer options & can't find where you disable S-Voice. Please enlighten me.

ShadowFlame1

Nov 6, 2014
Visit site
Not very much as they don't seem to respond very well to their wakeup/listening commands. I am quite sure it's something to do with android 4.4.4 and hope it is remedied when lollipop makes it onto the phones..

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
No. It's been disabled. It's not even worth opening. Samsung do many things right but S voice isn't one of them. Google now is much better.

Posted from my S5