Keyboard and learned words

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
Anyone have any tips on how to work with the keyboard? I've hate the S4, S5, N3 and now the N4 and I have NEVER had these many problems with a keyboard and learned words and it's autocorrect features. Never had this much trouble typing. And as you all know, with a device this large, having decent and reliable accuracy is imperative.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried deleting data and have even done a factory reset. Alas, no luck.

Thanks!

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Get SwiftKey. Learn it in about a day and you'll never look back. You can even keep all your learned words in the cloud for the next device etc. It has "flow" like Swype but the prediction is so good I hardly use it. I always try the stock stuff just to be sure but always go back to SwiftKey. I loved Swype until SwiftKey came out.

mbabee

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I've been having tons of problems with my N4. No idea why and AT&T is not being cooperative. Most inaccurate phone I've had. Worse than an iPhone!

dj2big

Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have any tips on how to work with the keyboard? I've hate the S4, S5, N3 and now the N4 and I have NEVER had these many problems with a keyboard and learned words and it's autocorrect features. Never had this much trouble typing. And as you all know, with a device this large, having decent and reliable accuracy is imperative.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I have tried deleting data and have even done a factory reset. Alas, no luck.

Thanks!
The auto correct on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does not work for me either. I have installed SwiftKey keyboard and it works great. The only thing I do not like is the SwiftKey keyboard that pops up when Web surfing. It won't remember email address and word prediction is not active.

hdhuntr

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
There are settings for prediction somewhere. I think whether it remembers email addresses is a function of where you type. It does for me in some places but not others. I think it is controlled by the place you are putting the text. Like how you can't paste in a password when on a PC etc...

The auto correct on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4 does not work for me either. I have installed SwiftKey keyboard and it works great. The only thing I do not like is the SwiftKey keyboard that pops up when Web surfing. It won't remember email address and word prediction is not active.

desireless

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same problem since January (after a firmware upgrade) and just managed to solve it. Let's hope this is of some help to someone looking for solution.

Pull down the top menu and go to Settings
Scroll down to Application Manager
Swipe to the right most list under "All"
Scroll down to "Samsung Keyboard"
"Clear Data"
"Clear Cache"
"Force Stop"
and restart your phone
After phone started, go to "Settings" \ "Language and input" \ Samsung Keyboard
Redo the settings that you had turned on before
eg Keyboard swipe \ Continuous Input... "Predictive Text" On... "Live Word Update" ticked... "Personalised data" ticked.. "Learn from Facebook", "Learn from Gmail", etc
...And it should work by now

I know someone might ask, "why not go "Samsung Keyboard" Settings and do a 'Reset Settings' from there?" Well, I did that many many times but with no success. My guess is, you need to clear cache from the Application Manager for the "Learned Word" in "Personalised data" to work.