Note 4 vs Note 3 charging port scratches with pictures

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
First I will say that I am not particularly careful when plugging in my device. I do it at night sometimes without light and do sometimes miss the hole the first time when I plug it in. My note 4 has a scratch, and my note 3 has been scratched too. Obviously I have had my note 3 for much longer. With the note 3, the silver color hides the scratches and grooved band better, imo.

To me scratches aren't a big deal unless they are visible on the screen. In any event, plastic and metal can both scratched by the usb plug. So if this is a major concern for you then pay attention when plugging it in.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414590015044.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414590015044.jpg
    422.4 KB · Views: 97

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Note 4

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414590446214.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414590446214.jpg
    420.5 KB · Views: 90

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Wow, the Note 3 port is pretty nasty close up. That's the only part of my phones that ever suffers "damage," too. My Note 2 was in pristine condition except for the rashing around the charger port. I think the Note 4 may hold up better, though. We'll see.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Wow, the Note 3 port is pretty nasty close up. That's the only part of my phones that ever suffers "damage," too. My Note 2 was in pristine condition except for the rashing around the charger port. I think the Note 4 may hold up better, though. We'll see.
From fat away at a quick glance, or isn't bad. But yeah close up isn't good. Will see how the note 4 fairs. I still would have preferred an unpainted band, as it would hide scratches better.

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Note 4

Is this usually a common sign of wear and tear? I looked at my new phone and found a nice little collection of scratches from missing the hole... eek. Everywhere on my phone is immaculate from being in a case. It almost seems inevitable. haha

Baby_Doc

Aug 30, 2013
Visit site
I looked closely at the so called painted metal band. It is 100 percent plastic and is not painted. That's why nobody is complaining about the color chipping off, although its mat finish can be scratched. The beveled silver adjacent portions are extremely thin layers of polished aluminum fused on top of plastic. Any scratches on the polished aluminum will be more obvious. You can easily see this construction by removing the S pen and looking into its port at the frame.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Is this usually a common sign of wear and tear? I looked at my new phone and found a nice little collection of scratches from missing the hole... eek. Everywhere on my phone is immaculate from being in a case. It almost seems inevitable. haha
You can buy full body protectors, not sure if they will sell just the bottom piece alone. But it doesn't cover under the charging port where I have my scratch say least not on the ones I saw

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
This is why I don't plug my phone up I just change the battery. The port is one place that is very susceptible to damage and I want to keep it in pristine condition.

From my smokin' hot Note 4

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is why I don't plug my phone up I just change the battery. The port is one place that is very susceptible to damage and I want to keep it in pristine condition.

I mainly do this as well ... sometimes I plug in before bed though -- I just ensure to plug directly in and not blinding find the port ^_^.

maj71303

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Yep I have the battery charging dock and extra batter I just swap batteries and leave the battery charging dock plugged in

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

That sounds like a great idea, but I have one of those high-protection cases. The scratching kind of sucks, but since I am not planning to resell the phone, it's just a minor thing, I figure.

Heck, I try to keep devices as long as possible... usually until they become irrelevant to most people... I hope to use this phone for at least 3- 4 years!

reesh11

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow your a super hero in my book lol I can barely keep phones for one year! And I always sell them later so to me it's very important. That is one reason I don't want an otterbox because taking all that crap off and on sounds like a pain.

new2thisyeah

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

Wow your a super hero in my book lol I can barely keep phones for one year! And I always sell them later so to me it's very important. That is one reason I don't want an otterbox because taking all that crap off and on sounds like a pain.

It definitely is. If you take cases off too much, it makes the phone look like crap, because you end up adding extra dust and debris and can easily break the case.

Lol, I just live vicariously through others who get the newest phones.

Tinmania

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I liked charging my Note 2's battery in a separate charger but with the Note 4 charging so fast with the adaptive fast charger I think I may use it as the primary charger--even when I get a spare battery.

I wish the charger included in the Extra Battery Kit that samsung sells was a fast charger. But from what I can tell it is not. Would be nice to quick charge a spare battery.

Michael