noordzy77

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
I insured mine. I did Verizon Edge, tbh I'm surprised I had the option not to. It's just too risky IMHO. I can't afford to drop $700 to replace it should something happen.

sent from my Note 4 using Tapatalk :)

qbnkelt

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site
I insured mine. I love my baby. Taking GOOD care of him.

Sent from my SEXY GORGEOUS AWESOME GOLD 128G iPhone 6

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Add me to the Square Trade list.

$5 a month can't be beat and remember this is an $800 phone.

I'm my case I paid full price which ended up being north of $850 after tax..

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site
While I have gotten it yet, I plan on getting the Samsung Protection Plan. Cost is pretty comparable to the others, deductible is reasonable and offers the coverage that I want. Seems like a no muss no fuss solution for me.

GalaxyOnyxWitch

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I will be going with my carrier. They offer 99.00 for the second year. Deductible is reasonable for damage. at 900.00 bought outright, it would be sickening to have to replace it.

GPtimes2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I never buy phone insurance or extended warranties for anything. Unless you determine you're at higher risk for losing or damaging your phone than most, you're just wasting your money. Me and my wife are about 6 years into cell phones without the need, so were about $1400 to the good. So even IF (and that's a big if) we lost or broke one, we could replace it and still be ahead. Add up all the money you would be to the good in your lifetime from these type of expenses and you can buy a big boat (or whatever) when you retire.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Square Trade = $5 a month or a whopping $60 a year.. I'll gladly pay that to cover an $800 phone that with one slip of hand can be destroyed.

I'm not sure what kind of boat I can get for $60 bucks but I'm guessing I wouldn't want to go out in the open sea on it..

My .02

GPtimes2

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Square Trade = $5 a month or a whopping $60 a year.. I'll gladly pay that to cover an $800 phone that with one slip of hand can be destroyed.

I'm not sure what kind of boat I can get for $60 bucks but I'm guessing I wouldn't want to go out in the open sea on it..
My .02

I think you may have missed the concept of a lifetime of not wasting your money. Not just one year for cell phone. And I also indicated that high risk people (maybe clumsy phone droppers) may need insurance. It's a lifetime attitude that will save most people big bucks in the long term. Once you look back after a few years of savings, you will feel pretty good about it. My .02

Yogi217

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site

My .02
I'm thinking of going this route too. I usually keep devices for about 12-14 months, so $60/70 is less than 10% of the replacement cost.

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
I think you may have missed the concept of a lifetime of not wasting your money. Not just one year for cell phone. And I also indicated that high risk people (maybe clumsy phone droppers) may need insurance. It's a lifetime attitude that will save most people big bucks in the long term. Once you look back after a few years of savings, you will feel pretty good about it. My .02

A waste of money over a lifetime? LOL

I waste far more than $5 a month on junk and garbage I don't need..

If you are that strapped for cash then skip the morning Starbucks one day a month = problem soved.. :)

raqball

Trusted Member
Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
Say what you want, but

Am I suppose to be impressed?

I'm 49 and retired 5 years ago.. Maybe I have a boat, maybe I have a house, maybe I have several cars or maybe I don't. None of that is relevant to spending a whopping $5 a month to protect a phone..

Anyway you appear intent on putting users down who wish to protect their purchase. I don't get it but whatever.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non