Any known issues with SD cards in the Note 4?

lmandl

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I've had this phone since the day it came out and I've killed 2 SD cards since. The first one was a Sandisk 64gb (which they're replacing for me) and then I purchased a Samsung 64gb which lasted, literally, 3 days. Both cards would only save 1/2 a picture. Like you can see the top of the picture and the bottom would be all grey. Also some pictures wouldn't save at all and I get that strange black screen with an exclamation mark. I know SD cards can go bad but really, what are the odds that I'd kill two in a weeks time. Anyone else having this issue?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I got my note 4 on release day and no issues with corrupt files

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
No issues whatsoever, with Note 3 and SanDisk 64gb, and no issues with SanDisk 128GB in Note4.
I always format the SD card in the device.

Hectorius

Apr 2, 2014
Visit site
Besides the random deletion of videos from the sdcard(don't think is the phone)... No big issues.

Posted from the one and only... Note 4...

Kaishred

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
my sandisk sd card also had issues once i used it on my note 4 with grey areas on some photos and even the odd video not working, i decided to use internal memory for the camera, and a few weeks later the sd card failed as you have described. probably just bad luck i guess, but will test a new one.

ChemMan

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I Also have had problems with the SanDisk 64, in the Note 2 and 4. Sandisk has replaced it twice. It seems to be working fine now.

kochusan

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue as well. Started on the S3 with corrupted pictures, weird colors and greyed out portions of photos. Videos would disappear and sometimes the phone would become laggy as the card was remounted. Happened with two S3s - was using the Amazon Basics 16 GB cards.

Fast forward to the new Note 4 - swapped the cards and one has already fried in the new Note 4 - won't reformat or even read on a PC either. Something is definitely amiss here. Have found to save everything to internal flash and transfer out to the SD card. This seems to work more reliably than having the camera app save directly to the card.

Nancy Hester

Feb 10, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same issue on my Note 4, I bought a new micro sd card when I bought it, within a week the pictures were greyed out and I was unable to read the card with my pc. I thought it was a bad card, went and bought a new Samsung micro SD card, now a week later same thing is happening again, many of my pics are now greyed out.