Samsung Galaxy Note 4 All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
I miss group texting my family. I switched from iPhone 5 to the note 3 a year ago (I now have a Note 4) and group messaging hasn't worked right since.

A couple of my cousins, my wife, and I have a group text going, individually I get all their messages, but no matter what I've tried, I don't receive messages from 2 of my cousins or my wife when group texting. I'm the only one with an Android phone everyone else is on iPhone's.

I wish I could figure it out. I really hate imessage right now.

Posted via the Android Central App

I had this same problem switching back and forth between my iPhone 6 and my Note 4. I knew how to turn off iMessage-- I'm an old hat at that-- and could get individual texts but I was missing half the conversation in a group thread with my mom and my sister (both iPhone users). The fix was relatively easy. Just get everyone in the group thread to delete that thread off their phone. Then, when you've confirmed everyone has done that (via individual texts) someone starts a new group conversation with the same previous participants. That should work. I've had to do that twice now switching over to the Note. Finally I've gotten smart enough to leave iMessage OFF when switching my sim over to my iPhone! I hope that works for you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

jayk82

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I had this same problem switching back and forth between my iPhone 6 and my Note 4. I knew how to turn off iMessage-- I'm an old hat at that-- and could get individual texts but I was missing half the conversation in a group thread with my mom and my sister (both iPhone users). The fix was relatively easy. Just get everyone in the group thread to delete that thread off their phone. Then, when you've confirmed everyone has done that (via individual texts) someone starts a new group conversation with the same previous participants. That should work. I've had to do that twice now switching over to the Note. Finally I've gotten smart enough to leave iMessage OFF when switching my sim over to my iPhone! I hope that works for you. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

That's a good point, hope I remember to logout of iMessage when I switch from my 6 Plus to the Note 4. Hope that keeps the texts coming through!

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

How can you miss Facetime when you have Hangouts? It's literally the same thing.....

I would assume he misses it because no one needs another app (not everyone uses Hangouts) to do it.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I had a Note 3, went back to a 6 Plus because of the iMessage issues (with it being known that it was 100% Apple's way of keeping you locked in with them). I'm thinking of giving the Note 4 a shot, and forcing myself to stick with it.

I believe they have a tool (that actually works) for getting you off iMessage. So you could come try Android again! :).

Last edited:

kcguy76

May 25, 2013
Visit site
I recently switched from the iPhone 6 to the Note 4. I LOVE the Note 4 and the ability to customize customize customize. I started with the original iPhone and have had every iPhone since. All the while I "played" in Android on and off, but couldn't find the right device for me and mix of Apps. I think the Note 4 is it. Here's a list of Apps I have found to replace Apple Apps I really enjoyed:

iMessage: Check out "MySMS". I missed iMessage until I found this beauty....there is a Mac desktop App, an iPad App, etc...LOVE this app..and the group messaging works flawlessly, too!
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mysms.android.sms

Notes: Check out "iNotes" -- Syncs with iCloud
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dayup.inotes

Reminders: Check out "Tasks" --- Syncs with iCloud
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.tasks

Contacts:
If you want to keep your Google contacts in sync with your iCloud contacts, install "Contacts Sync for Google Gmail" on your MAC. Any changes you make to your Mac (hooked into icloud) will be pushed to gmail. It has 2-way sync as well.

Calendars:
If you want to keep your iCloud calendar on your Android, check out "Smooth Sync for Cloud Calendar"
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.dmfs.caldav.icloud

Control Center: Try "Control Panel" -- You can customize this one, too ;-)
play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.verycoolapps.control.center

Music: Install Google music player ON YOUR MAC and sync it with iTunes - all of your iTunes music is now in Google's cloud and accessible on your Android device, and it's FREE!

Hope this list helps. Since I only have 3 posts in this forum I had to remove the hyper link, but if you copy/paste those links into your browser you should be able to check those out. I've found a few other things that have really made my switch experience an enjoyable one. I also live in an "all Apple" family, and the only thing I find myself missing now is Facetime, however I can use those on my Mac and iPad.

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
I miss iMessage. Just really love that program. It isn't a deal breaker though. I have it on my iPad and Air. I do not miss the headaches I was having with my 4S and IOS 8. It just crushed my poor little iPhone. I never should have upgraded because it was fine on ios7. I have heard lots of iPhones are having iOS 8 issues, though. Even the newer ones.
Seems hit or miss though-some have issues, some don't.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I miss iMessage. Just really love that program. It isn't a deal breaker though. I have it on my iPad and Air. I do not miss the headaches I was having with my 4S and IOS 8. It just crushed my poor little iPhone. I never should have upgraded because it was fine on ios7. I have heard lots of iPhones are having iOS 8 issues, though. Even the newer ones.
Seems hit or miss though-some have issues, some don't.
Interesting. My iPhone works just fine on 8.

G3 📱🍭

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Re: All the recent iPhone converts...do you miss anything?

Personally I think the IOS software runs better than Android that is not pure Android with that being said TouchWiz kills the Android smoothness experience and all the extra software should be removed except the S Pen function. Of course this is my opinion...

In a perfect world I think you should have a choice on how to run your Android phone out the box choose A run Pure Android without all the blot or choose B run Android with manufacturer software and carrier blot
I gotta disagree with u bro. I hated touchwiz but since kit kat touchwiz isn't all that bad. My S4 doesn't even lag.

Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S4 🌌

JenTDOT

May 20, 2013
Visit site
Haalcyon,
It seems very hit or miss. I had phone-crushing issues with ios8. My aunt, same phone, zero problems. I don't get it. I just should never have updated. :-/

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Haalcyon,
It seems very hit or miss. I had phone-crushing issues with ios8. My aunt, same phone, zero problems. I don't get it. I just should never have updated. :-/

That is weird...and I've heard of such issues before. This 6+ has been smooth as polished sapphire, knock on wood. It seems like that type of thing is typical OS upgrades. Some have inexplicable troubles while it works perfectly for others. Lollipop has once again proved this.

📱iP6+🔋

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699