Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Air Preview without S-Pen: Do you miss it?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, new Note 4 coming from a Note 3 (I know, I know, I said I wasn't gonna upgrade this time...but I got a great offer to buy my Note 3, so basically I'm only paying a VERY small amount for the 4).

Does anyone else miss the finger air preview? I loved how I could hover my finger over items and get a preview...and now I can't, or am I missing something? A setting I didn't catch in the now endless list of repeating settings?

Come to think of it, actually any touchless controls are missing... Dang!

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Re: Air Preview without S-Pen: Do you miss it?

Does anyone else miss the finger air preview? I loved how I could hover my finger over items and get a preview...and now I can't, or am I missing something? A setting I didn't catch in the now endless list of repeating settings?

Come to think of it, actually any touchless controls are missing... Dang!

Ha ha ha. I couldn't help but notice in the same paragraph you poke fun at the endless settings while frustrated that some features have been removed. Samsung is trying (thankfully) to remove features that everyone called gimmicky and simplify TouchWiz. On the Note 4, those touchless controls are no more.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I don't mind having a ton of settings... I mind about having a ton of settings (that some repeat themselves) on a tremendously long list. I preferred it when they were tabbed and grouped together.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I don't mind having a ton of settings... I mind about having a ton of settings (that some repeat themselves) on a tremendously long list. I preferred it when they were tabbed and grouped together.

I believe you can group them together. Go to your settings and in the top left click that 3 dot settings button and change the "View as".

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

I believe you can group them together. Go to your settings and in the top left click that 3 dot settings button and change the "View as".

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could kiss you, but I won't. But thank you!!! I guess now I miss another thing: The Menu button. Hahaha.

mhunter6378

May 15, 2013
Visit site

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I could kiss you, but I won't. But thank you!!! I guess now I miss another thing: The Menu button. Hahaha.

See there, it even has settings for your settings... And you were complaining ;)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I personally don't. I never used it.. But I could see how you could miss it if you did use it.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

Long press the recent apps button for menu.
I know how to access it, I just rather have either the menu button back, or the darn multitasking button closer to the right side. It's nearly impossible, at least for me, to reach when using my phone with one hand. Before, I just long-pressed the Home button, which was more than within reach. Now, I have to stretch aaaaall the way down to the other side.

I guess I'll get used to it...

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
And they aren't "repeating" settings.

The first group is QUICK SETTINGS which you can fully customize or even delete.

Jeez, Samsung helps make life easier by allowing us to add our most used settings to the top, and people still whine.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, I get that, but I didn't know you could customize that until now. :) But now I do, and I can see my settings closer to the way I'm used to seeing them and all is good.

Still miss the touchless controls (the POINT of this thread, btw) though, those are still gone. :(

AlusionL

Oct 2, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, I get that, but I didn't know you could customize that until now. :) But now I do, and I can see my settings closer to the way I'm used to seeing them and all is good.

Still miss the touchless controls (the POINT of this thread, btw) though, those are still gone. :(

I'm sure you'll get used to the touch less controls.

But one thing I miss and Samsung should have never removed is S Pen's Quick Command from Note 2.

Posted via the Android Central App

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Remind me what the Quick Command on the Note 2 was, please.

Also something I just found out to be missing: quick snapshots. On the Note 3 you could select a part of the screen by holding the S-Pen button and then drawing a selection boundary on the screen. Not anymore. You have to select the option from the quick command wheel first.

But at least I'm getting sooooo much better battery life now :) And the screen, OMG, that screen is gorgeous.