Do we really need to put a screen protector on the Note 4?

DynoMikeR

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Never ran one. Never had problems with scratched glass. IMO it really detracts from the great screens these newer phones have. The glass on these things are so engineered, nothing is needed.

philb#AC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I guess I'm old school but I protect my screen even with a case. I think of resale in the future and if screen is pristine that's a key selling point. I have never had pet hair or dust appear under protector nor have I ever had one peel off and I carry my phone in my pocket.

I am a charging addict, I bought a second battery before note 4 was delivered. Yesterday I went all day without changing, 14 hours of regular use I used 31%,I am impressed.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
The guys in the ATT store said No and didn't put on on theirs. We all got them at the same time. But, they will tell u that on trade in mint condition always brings more money. So I put on a sp.

Posted via the next big thing...My Galaxy Note 4.

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
You don't really need it, but I personally use one if nothing else, for resale value.

Won't use them they all look poor in my opinion.

Posted via the Android Central App

Then you've never used an Anker screen protector. Completely invisible and feels as good as glass. You can't even tell I'm using one. Since I'm very good at putting them on, there are no air bubbles or dust underneath. But hey, it's your phone.

Last edited:

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
You don't really need it, but I personally use one if nothing else, for resale value.

Then you've never used an Anker screen protector. Completely invisible and feels as good as glass. You can't even tell I'm using one. Since I'm very good at putting them on, there are no air bubbles or dust underneath. But hey, it's your phone.

I got the califu off Amazon and got the same results u did. Can't see it. Some protection. Resale went up. All it takes. If anything, the folks at a local vendor are happy to put them on. Never got a "No".

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I have an Otterbox Commuter, the screen protector it came with and also insurance so I'm not taking any chances! Didn't have one on my S4 but got no scratches but the screen cracked in my pocket and cost 250 euros to fix at the time. Didn't have one on my S2 before that and scratched it. Never felt the same about it ever scratching that.

ladyfinesse08

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I bought one of the Zagg HD Glass screen protectors. Put it on the phone before I even walked out of the store. I'm not rough with my phone but I'm also not overally cautious. I tend to throw it anywhere in my purse and keep it in my pocket or bra. So far no scratches on the screen protector. It gives me an added sense of comfort too as I've seen from first hand experience someone drop their phone (it was a really bad drop), with the protector on, Screen protector broke but the actual phone screen was fine. It's literally like having another screen. Zaggs waranty on their screen protectors is pretty solid too so that's always an added bonus.

geoffr86

Apr 5, 2013
Visit site
I've never bothered with screen protectors before now but after a couple of close calls in the first week with my note 4 I decided to try one. After a few hours research I settled on the Spigen Crystal. I couldn't be happier with it. It comes with a lens wipe that removes dust and static before you apply the protector and it went on in one smooth movement and no bubbles. I couldn't believe how easy it was. I've since done my wife's iPhone with the same equivalent and that was just as easy.

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Ya i have a tempered glass screen protector and case. I wouldnt take any chances with screen this size. But i always alteast use a protector and the one phone i went caseless i dropped and had it had a case i would of had no damage to the side.

TeritorialDemon

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I don't use a screen protector at all. Never had a problem with scratches before and I never took the time, nor have I ever seen the need to inspect my phones screen under a magnifing glass for micro-scratches. Those that do this are people who look for anything and everything to b**** about. Me on the other hand, out of sight out of mind.

skatergirl

Retired Moderator
Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I am using the Invisible Shield Glass protector. Love it and I hate screen protectors. You don't even know you have it on except you can the edges.

spinalpap

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Sometimes I think I'm the only person capable of not doing phone. I did a poll of friends, and found there were others like me. Now I don't feel like such a freak at keeping a nice phone without it wrapped a box 24/7. ;)

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
I have had a screen protector on one of my previous phones and it actually saved the screen from getting scratched by a key. If I didn't have the protector on, my screen would have been scratched instead of the protector.

AhTrini

Nov 23, 2014
Visit site
I've never used a screen protector, but I want to get one for my Note 4. I am just worried about getting one that actually fits the screen properly because of the curve it has.

Andrawer

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Well suck.
Just noticed a small screen scratch on my N4. Haven't used a screen protector on any of the numerous Samsung smartphones I've owned in the last 4 years ...or my recent LG G3 and now I have a scratch on my week old N4? Gotta be kidding.
Hope screen protectors have improved cause I like to resell my phones and move on to the next greatest thing and this scratch just cost me a few.

Wow...my phone goes in my front or rear left pockets with nothing else so don't understand what did it. Don't wear a ring...and I take my phones backpacking, motorcycling, bicycling, etc all the time with no problems till now.

I suspect Samsung put another coating on top that is scratching...I don't know what's up.

Update : just realized I was using sand to soak up some spilt oil in my garage...I suppose some might have gotten in my pockets or maybe my finger had traces ?

Last edited:

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I sold many phones and every buyer always ask if the screen is perfect, they don't care if it has minor/small chips or dents like I had on my Samsung S5.

I just don't buy what Gorilla Glass is selling at the end of the day it's going to get scratched. This is why I always use a screen protector.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38