metal rim on note 4 faded.

saiyyasuka pon

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I dun noe how they build this phone. So dissapointed when i check this morning, my metal rim chrome lining were faded on edge of this note4 bezel.. dun have a picture to show, later i will show u all.

Posted via the Android Central App

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
It's aluminum. If it's faded, it's a simple fix with any good aluminum polish. Polished aluminum DOES lose it's lustre...because it's basically untreated and the acid in your skin will fade the finish. It will even oxidize on its own after a period of time.

Like I said, any decent aluminum polish and a Q-tip/ cloth will restore the original lustre easily. Just be careful not to rub the polish on the painted surface or the glass. It will wear out the paint and then you'll have to buff the entire painted surface to remove the paint...

If you hit the glass with it, it will scratch the glass

You can use:

Mothers
McGuires
Autosol

There are a ton others out there, but these three work well and are the more recognized and more easily available brands...

saiyyasuka pon

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
It's aluminum. If it's faded, it's a simple fix with any good aluminum polish. Polished aluminum DOES lose it's lustre...because it's basically untreated and the acid in your skin will fade the finish. It will even oxidize on its own after a period of time.

Like I said, any decent aluminum polish and a Q-tip/ cloth will restore the original lustre easily. Just be careful not to rub the polish on the painted surface or the glass. It will wear out the paint and then you'll have to buff the entire painted surface to remove the paint...

You can use:

Mothers
McGuires
Autosol

There are a ton others out there, but these three work well and are the more recognized and more easily available brands...

Anyway tq for replied my thread.

I just want to know is it normal for aluminium material? I ask because my bro phone htc m7 not faded like my note 4.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyway tq for replied my thread.

I just want to know is it normal for aluminium material? I ask because my bro phone htc m7 not faded like my note 4.

This is normal for untreated aluminum. The aluminum on the One series is probably anodized, which makes it corrosion resistant.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

You can use:

Mothers
McGuires
Autosol

Good answer...And if you work with acids and caustics like I do, you must take extra precaution to protect the aluminum and your Note in general . A good case would be the order of the day.

Posted via the next big thing, My Galaxy Note 4.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress