Why do I have poor call quality when using my Samsung headphones on the Note 4?

the leaf

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Poor call quality when using my samsung headphone on the note 4

I've been using my galaxy note 4 for 3 days now and everytime i make a call using an app with my headphones on, i hear a "hissing" sound in the background. I am using wifi to connect. The person who i speak with regularly started noticing this too. On top of that, volume is low.

Can this be a general problem with samsung phones and should i use bluetooth headset instead?

I stil have my iphone 5s with me and i never had call quality issues with it no matter which headphone i put on. I'm starting to feel bad about my decision to buy note 4 instead of the 6+.

Thanks for the help.

Update as of Nov. 23 - same thing for voice calls over the network.

Last edited:

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Poor call quality when using my samsung headphone on the note 4

Look into the settings for the phone app. You can choose clear sound which should make your calls sound better.

498f408ba70a6a04f268ef46a7577fe6.jpg

fc0b7d2647457faa613efb55c5ee34c9.jpg

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

WeAreAllUnique

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site

Don't feel badly about Purchasing the Note 4. It's a great smartphone. Take it from someone who owned an iPhone 6 Plus. The Note 4 is a smarter choice.

Nothing but Note! A little rim, some backboard, but mostly Note!

the leaf

Nov 22, 2014
Visit site

Hi. Thanks for the tip but didn't solve it. Tried using several other apps over the weekend (also normal voice calls over the network) and the hiss persisted.

Another thing that I noticed is that when I didn't use my headset, the person on the other side would hear me very well but then I was the one having trouble hearing through the earpiece. It's frustrating, this poor call quality.

Don't get me wrong, I love my note 4 and everything about it! I guess I need to check what else i can do because I do not want to shift back to apple.