Note 4 build quality issues

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I'm on my 2nd Note 4 right now. The first one had a bad screen gradation problem where it was very light and bright on one edge and dark on the other. Now this one has a flawless display but the home button is almost flush with the display glass and barely presses with no tactile click whatsoever. The first one had a home button with lots of travel and nice feel. The button on #2 does work, but I can't always tell if I pressed it because it barely moves and doesn't provide that "push click". I'm not entirely pleased with the inconsistent build quality. I had issues with a couple Note 2s as well.

I love the phone. Just want one with no usability issues...

Posted via the Android Central App

Jdane07

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I feel like I'm always the guy getting devices with hardware problems, but not this time. Keep trying, it's worth it!!

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Sorry to hear that. I feel like I'm always the guy getting devices with hardware problems, but not this time. Keep trying, it's worth it!!

I agree. Don't worry about being a biatch. Get What you want. Take it back. For 825$ you deserve to get What u want.

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
Is the OP getting a another from a store, or is the OP sending it in and the carrier sends another one?

The reason I ask, is because some carriers when your return in your return window for another one, it doesn't have to be a new one. I would return and get a refund and then repurchase. That way one can be sure of getting a new one..

BTW, I HAVE no issues whatsoever with my Note 4.. I have had a lock grin ever since Oct 13th... :D

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I purchased at BB... they let me exchange for a new one the first time with the display issue. After looking at my home button problem, they will not let me exchange a second time. They admitted that I was correct and that there is an issue/difference with the home button compared to ALL the display units. But, since it actually still functions they will not exchange it. (Or return and resell it). They say I have to contact Samsung to see if there is a known problem. I think it is total BS, since it was obvious to even them that it was different than the display units.

I am considering going into a Verizon store and forcing the issue. Not sure what they may be willing to do. I will not settle for a refurb. $700+ of my investment will not be on anything short of a new phone that is in perfect working order.

Lambertoid

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You can't go to a Verizon store and expect them to return it as they have no history on your imei and did not issue the receipt they can however do a warranty exchange..but you should just go and return it to best buy then buy one at a Verizon store.

i hate big phones thats why i got a.. (phablet)

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
I purchased at BB... they let me exchange for a new one the first time with the display issue. After looking at my home button problem, they will not let me exchange a second time. They admitted that I was correct and that there is an issue/difference with the home button compared to ALL the display units. But, since it actually still functions they will not exchange it. (Or return and resell it). They say I have to contact Samsung to see if there is a known problem. I think it is total BS, since it was obvious to even them that it was different than the display units.

I am considering going into a Verizon store and forcing the issue. Not sure what they may be willing to do. I will not settle for a refurb. $700+ of my investment will not be on anything short of a new phone that is in perfect working order.

In this latest update where Bestbuy would not exchange it, you HAD TO BE OUT OF YOUR RETURN WINDOW!! I am quite sure, if you are in your 14 day return window, you can RETURN for a full refund..IMO, if you let them tell you no they cannot do this, and you in your return window, they got over on you.. I returned 3 Samsung Tab Pro 8.4, blam, blam, blam, one right after another. And if that 4th one didn't satisfy me, they were going to give me a refund.

They cannot REFUSE a return in your return window, unless the item is damaged..

orgelbau

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Update...

I took my N4 and my wife's N4 back to BB and made them do a complete reversal. I returned everything. I made them call Verizon to make sure my upgrade status was reset. 30 minutes later I was in the Verizon store and bought them both back. No trouble at all.

Both of the phones, one black and one white, are flawless in build and function. It almost makes me wonder if the product quality is different between the corporate and third party vendors. I don't see how, but the fact is that I have never got a phone at Big Red that has been defective. It has happened three times at BB. Looks like I'm done with the yellow tagged mobile department.

MightyMike

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Update...

I took my N4 and my wife's N4 back to BB and made them do a complete reversal. I returned everything. I made them call Verizon to make sure my upgrade status was reset. 30 minutes later I was in the Verizon store and bought them both back. No trouble at all.

Both of the phones, one black and one white, are flawless in build and function. It almost makes me wonder if the product quality is different between the corporate and third party vendors. I don't see how, but the fact is that I have never got a phone at Big Red that has been defective. It has happened three times at BB. Looks like I'm done with the yellow tagged mobile department.

Good for you! That entirely too much money Not to be completely satisfied!

Posted via the Next Big Thing, My Galaxy N4.