Google maps naviagtion issues

jgoeke

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Is it me or is the google maps getting worse and worse...
Built in stuff that comes with Samsung Note 4 (and note 2 before that)
The biggest issue is there is a very long lag (like several minutes) for the drive by navigation to find and track your location, making it useless for navigating out from somewhere. yes the gps or "Location" is enabled on the phone. I had this EXACT same problem with the latest versions of google maps/nav with my Note 2, and when I upgraded to the note 4 I was hoping this would go away. IT HAS NOT!.

Also, the latest nav keeps the map oriented to the north regardless of which direction you are driving. AND the location updates (once if finally starts) is horrible at like every 30 seconds or so.

To make matter worse, they have hidden everything from you as a user. I cannot find any settings outside the 4 that pop up when pressing the three vertical dots (who came up with this lame symbol anyway).

With these issues I have stopped using the nav for it is completely useless. I have been using Android and Google mobile maps/nav since 2009, so I'm not new to this...

Any help is appreciated!

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I haven't had any problems with google maps on my note 4...well the only one thing I noticed with my lock screen is it would go Pitch Black once in a while after i would end my google map application, to which the only way to get rid of that pitch black wallpaper on that lock screen would be to restart my phone.

What have you tried? uninstalling gmaps and installing it again? you ever tried using another navigation app like waze?

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
I have not had problems with mine. Have not used it a ton but I have some. As for the always facing north, touch the compas and you should be able to switch it's mode.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez