Sudden Note 4 Lag

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
A simple reboot once in a while is all that's needed. Most 3rd party "optimizers" are garbage made for paranoid people. Just stay away from crap apps, disable/remove any you don't need, and let android do its thing.

fragologist

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
Thats why you need to delete apps the right way to avoid this issue of residual files. Go to App manager and clear history and clear cache then delete. Also shut your phone off every couple days for a few minutes...it does wonders.

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
I had a similar problem a few days ago and I get installed anything new. Everything started slowing down and grinding to a halt. All of a sudden my screen just froze. I tried a long press on the power button to reboot but that did nothing. Pulled the battery and restarted and it's been fine since. Have no idea what caused it. Good thing a battery pull was possible.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I clean cache with clean master every other day. I installed an app called spec device but deleted it that same day last week. Pulled the battery and it's helping a bit. Concerning that a phone that is a month old is already acting up

Don't run apps that clear cache, boost RAM, clean, boost anything, help with the battery, security ....all those things slow a phone down. You know there's people still out there running apps like advanced task killer? Seriously? Makes no sense on a newer Android....made some sense back in 2005-2009 maybe.

Take all that stuff off and your phone will run better.

GregMargie

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
I had a similar problem a few days ago and I get installed anything new. Everything started slowing down and grinding to a halt. All of a sudden my screen just froze. I tried a long press on the power button to reboot but that did nothing. Pulled the battery and restarted and it's been fine since. Have no idea what caused it. Good thing a battery pull was possible.

Posted via the Android Central App
This same exact thing happened to my phone in the first few days I had it, and I had to do a battery pull as well. I also discovered I had a Bad SD card after that as my battery was draining horribly and IndexService was going non stop. After removing SD card. Neither problem has happened again. My phone has been perfect since.