Any app to see when recepient is typing like iMessage?

yo0123yoyo

Oct 18, 2014
Visit site
It's now been two months since I switched to this Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone after being an iPhone user for many years and the feature that I do miss the most is iMessage, when it shows when the other person is typing. Is there any app or anything on the Google Play Store that will help with what I'm looking for?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Hangouts does that, if the other person is also on a Hangout (and not using SMS). Are you looking specifically for an SMS app that does that?

FBA

Banned
Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
BBM does as well, and offers many other nice features, like BBM voice calling, which works very well. It does however consume battery heavily.

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
It's now been two months since I switched to this Samsung Galaxy Note 4 phone after being an iPhone user for many years and the feature that I do miss the most is iMessage, when it shows when the other person is typing. Is there any app or anything on the Google Play Store that will help with what I'm looking for?

Well I have Verizon so I utilize their messaging app. Their app indicates when someone is typing. Their app in my opinion is actually detailed then the stock app. ( In terms of setting features)

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

keyzlife

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
FB Messenger. Its also good because it has a fairly decent adoption rate.

sent from my Samsung GALAXY Note® 4

Android D

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site

It's mostly possible when both the parties have the same app...and yes off course when both of you are instant messaging than regular SMS..Apparently Verizon app is one where you the other person doesn't need to have it for you to tell if he/she is typing or not...if you on Verizon, give it a try!

NVNJ

May 24, 2010
Visit site
It's mostly possible when both the parties have the same app...and yes off course when both of you are instant messaging than regular SMS..Apparently Verizon app is one where you the other person doesn't need to have it for you to tell if he/she is typing or not...if you on Verizon, give it a try!

This! The Verizon messege + app is pretty darn good.

Posted via the Android Central App