Why isn't my Note 4 fully reading large MicroSD Music?

turtleguy556

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Note 4 not fully reading large MicroSD Music. PLEASE HELP!

So the issue I'm having is that I bought a large micro SD of 256GB and I have verified that it is actually 256, and it is functional. I am wanting to use my Note 4 as my new music player. I have 103GB of music. When I plug the phone into the computer directly I am able to transfer multiple GB of music with no problem and they instantly show up on the phone. Everything seems to be perfect. My music plays with no issue and everything is great! My issue arises when I have had the need to turn the phone on and off. When the phone is turned on again it acts as if the music files aren't on the micro card anymore and they don't show up in any music app. I plug the phone into the computer and look at the micro card and nothing has been changed. The music is still there untouched. It appears like after a reboot the phone just will not look at the files that are on the card. If I didn't reboot, everything would be fine and my 103GB of music shows, and plays with no problem. I've heard that the Note 4 won't allow over 128, but as long as I don't reboot the phone it works perfectly fine. How do I solve this without literally never turning off my phone?

ven07

Q&A Team
Dec 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 4 not fully reading large MicroSD Music. PLEASE HELP!

Well if you have a 128 gb card lying around or if you can borrow one then pop that in and check if the issue still persists, if not then you shouldn't be using the 256 :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samahmed336699