You guys use Swiftkey or stock keyboard?

philip42

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: you guys use swiftkey or stock keyboard?

I use the stock keyboard with predictive text on in 4x3 phone layout and swipe, set for one handed use. I've found this to be the best and fastest. Unfortunately I don't think it's too popular, so when a bug is introduced, like last year with the S4, it can take a long time to be spotted. Incidentally, as far as I'm aware, no other manufacturer has swipe on their 4x3 layout keyboards. This is one of the main reasons I stick with Samsung.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rmedy21

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site

There's no right or wrong reason as to why. Just curious.

I was using swiftkey but switched back to stock. For some reason it slows down my phone. Plus the stock is not all that bad imo.

Amazing Verizon Galaxy Note 4

jairusz

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site

SwiftKey has way better predictive text than any other keyboard and it syncs data between all my phones and tables. Also you can split the keyboard which is very useful if I ever need to type while in landscape.

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Been using Swiftkey since it was free back in 2011

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4

thetonyclifton

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I am using Google Keyboard, dont like the look of the stock one even though I like the spen keyboard feature - but not much use for it yet anyway (that specific feature).

raf66

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Swiftkey for several weeks but this thread prompted me to go back and give Swype and the stock keyboard another go. I think I'll stick with stock for a bit.

rdroyer

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I used Swiftkey on my Note 3 but have since been using the stock keyboard on my Note 4 and it is greatly improved, only had it for a couple of days though so I am still getting used to it.

muzzy996

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I've tried stock, Google and SwiftKey and like the way SwiftKey learns the best. I found myself fixing predictive text far too often with the others. I use both a tablet and the note 4 so having the dictionaries sync on both (which I know isn't a unique feature) is great. Living in Hawaii it's important to be able to have the keyboard learn words (place and street names in Hawaiian) that are not in the dictionary lol.

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

jdfry15

Trusted Member
Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I've used SwiftKey for 3 or 4 years. As others have said the predictive text is better than any other keyboard I have tried.

Posted via the Android Central App

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

I use swiftkey most of the time. I will also switch to the stock app periodically. I like the S-Pen integration that it has.

21stNow

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site

I tried the Samsung keyboard because I wanted to try a keyboard with the numbers on a separate row across the top. I ended up going back to Swype. I'm too used to Swype after using it for more than four years. It is also helpful that it syncs between my many devices.

kobe008

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site

I have tried Stock, Swiftkey, Swype, and Google. Swype is the most accurate by far if you are actually using the swyping method.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

okay I've heard conflicting things about swiftkey. Someone said is had the numbers on a separate bar like stock does but some others said it doesn't....I like that easy access to numbers....so does swiftkey have that or not?

Rhiannon10

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site

I use Swiftkey. I have mine set to have the numbers at the top of my keyboard. I love all the themes too!

LaTuFu

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

okay I've heard conflicting things about swiftkey. Someone said is had the numbers on a separate bar like stock does but some others said it doesn't....I like that easy access to numbers....so does swiftkey have that or not?
You can do it whichever way you like.

ba0d64dcf5c3f13b8e600dfca1c02129.jpg
3b383de5e1f6f062d184fbb2e7a92d0e.jpg

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site

OMG if I can figure out how to get swiftkey to display the numbers like that I'll be sooooooooooooooo happy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnanthRam